Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player of the season

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm pleasantly surprised at the other Bruno supporters showing their colours as it seemed I was very much in the minority last time this discussion came up a few weeks ago.

I'm even growing a beard in his honour (or not working so can't be arsed to shave).

How dare you mention that thing in the same breath as the Great Man's magnificent facial array :ohmy:

crabtree seagull

Nov 7, 2007
Kayal. We are a different team without him in the engine room. Bruno has been amazing but we have others who can play there.
Kayal irreplaceable.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Bruno for me, by the way.

Kayal has had a number of outstanding games, and we're undoubtedly a weaker side without him. But he did have a spell where he looked absolutely knackered. Not long, I grant you, but still a spell. Has come spectacularly good again now of course, and long may that continue.

I can understand why people would vote for Stockdale too. He's had an excellent season, won us numerous points, and his distribution of the ball is second to none in this league.

Bruno has been consistently excellent, right from August through until now, and has dazzled at times with some of his trickery on the ball. The way he repeatedly and nonchalantly robbed the MK Dons winger the other week, until the guy basically gave up, emphasised his defensive class. The fact that other teams' supporters have regularly picked him out and wondered who this brilliant Brighton full back is, speaks volumes.

He's fitter at 35 than many players are at 25, and- finally, triumphantly- his beard is a thing of utter magnificence. I cannot emphasise enough just how much I love the man right now :clap:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Thanks. I didn't see anything obvious on the official site.

It was on the newsfeed about three days ago. It's still there if you search the timeline. There is a postal address if anybody actually needs one!

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Bruno for me, by the way.

Kayal has had a number of outstanding games, and we're undoubtedly a weaker side without him. But he did have a spell where he looked absolutely knackered. Not long, I grant you, but still a spell. Has come spectacularly good again now of course, and long may that continue.

I can understand why people would vote for Stockdale too. He's had an excellent season, won us numerous points, and his distribution of the ball is second to none in this league.

Bruno has been consistently excellent, right from August through until now, and has dazzled at times with some of his trickery on the ball. The way he repeatedly and nonchalantly robbed the MK Dons winger the other week, until the guy basically gave up, emphasised his defensive class. The fact that other teams' supporters have regularly picked him out and wondered who this brilliant Brighton full back is, speaks volumes.

He's fitter at 35 than many players are at 25, and- finally, triumphantly- his beard is a thing of utter magnificence. I cannot emphasise enough just how much I love the man right now :clap:
Quite agree, I think Bruno stands out in the championship as a whole, he's a high class player, his anticipation, speed of thought is way above anyone else. Thats why he can play to such a high level at a relatively old age. That and the fact hes as fit as a fiddle too

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm not sure I've ever voted before.

This year, the 7,842 @northstandchat.com email addresses I have will be voting for Bruno.

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
If we get promoted, giving a player of the season award to one player doesn't feel right, there are too many who deserve it.

Not just if we get promoted, absolutely agree with Trig, hate this question...

As they say, "Best is the enemy of good"...

And this season has been about so many players with skill and heart, brilliantly managed by St Christopher.

Yes, of course Bruno and Kayal have been outstanding.

Stockers has grown into a fine keeper at Falmer.

But Knocky, Murphy, Hemed, KLL at the start, Rosenior, March while it lasted, Bong for God's sake, Goldson! (how he's come on), not to mention Dunky, Calde, Zamora, the Honey Monster, what a line up of quality and balls this season and I've probably missed someone important, Oh yes Shakalak, talent to come!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Still a bit torn between Bruno, Kayal and Stocko, but edging more and more towards the bald bearded one, particularly now he has captained the side through a another good spell (and we looked less of a team when he went off last week too). Going to leave it a couple more games yet......

Fantastic we have so many stand-outs this season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Voting closes tomorrow so don't wait for a couple of games, or you'll be too late.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Fantastic we have so many stand-outs this season.

Too true. Look at last year when Calde won it for scoring with his face. Or the years when Whing and Peter Smith won it for being the least worst. This year we're spoilt for choice

I voted for Kayal but there were at least five good candidates (and more who have played too little). What a team we've been

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes, of course Bruno and Kayal have been outstanding.

Stockers has grown into a fine keeper at Falmer.

But Knocky, Murphy, Hemed, KLL at the start, Rosenior, March while it lasted, Bong for God's sake, Goldson! (how he's come on), not to mention Dunky, Calde, Zamora, the Honey Monster, what a line up of quality and balls this season and I've probably missed someone important, Oh yes Shakalak, talent to come!
You've missed Stephens :facepalm: and Baldock, otherwise I think you've covered everyone who's ever played for us.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I watched a re-run of the Charlton game on Latest TV last night. I'd forgotten how good March was. He did not play enough games to warrant player of the season but if he'd kept up that sort of form for the whole season, he'd be my pick. We have a quite astonishing set of wide players; getting a starting place in the line-up is going to be tough for all 6 of them (I include Rosenior) next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here