Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Play off chances

Should we make the playoffs how will we do?

• We are capable of winning them and I think we would.

Votes: 13 9.1%
  • We may get through the semis but we'd lose the final

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • We will get beaten in the semis

Votes: 29 20.3%
  • It's a lottery I have no idea

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other

Votes: 17 11.9%

• Total voters

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
When will people get it through their thick skulls that theres more chance of one of us shagging the queen than making the play offs. Any chance of success this season vanished among the saga of last summer.

And yet we are three points behind 6th with a game in hand. You must know the Queen quite well.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
We won't get there.

Even if by some miracle we get promoted, this team would be annihilated in the Premierwhateveritscalledthesedays.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
We won't get there.

Even if by some miracle we get promoted, this team would be annihilated in the Premierwhateveritscalledthesedays.

Of course it would. But despite this, we have every chance of making the play offs. Wins at Wednesday and home to Middlesbrough, and it's our to lose. And that may very well happen.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
And yet we are three points behind 6th with a game in hand. You must know the Queen quite well.

Does it include someone in fancy dress dressed as the Queen?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Total lottery - anything and everything can happen

Is the right answer perm any two from 5 to make the play-offs and I have a gut feeling Forest will not make it.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is the right answer perm any two from 5 to make the play-offs and I have a gut feeling Forest will not make it.

Or, alternatively, they squeak into the play offs at the death with a fortunate last day victory (hope not), then in the semi finals, see off their hated local rivals who've spent the past few weeks gloating over an unexpectedly easy derby spanking in the league, before unexpectedly turning over the favourites in the final at Wembley.

Nah. That sounds pretty improbable, doesn't it?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Nah, not enough character in the team, too many bottle jobs and players that go missing often.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Doug on form as usual :stupid::stupid:

I'm really honoured that you have nothing better to do than look up my posts and pull them to pieces. If you wish to join my team of bullies you'll have to apply in writing.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I'm really honoured that you have nothing better to do than look up my posts and pull them to pieces. If you wish to join my team of bullies you'll have to apply in writing.

Doug, people wouldn't bother to pull your posts to pieces if you were a little less dismissive and critical yourself.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Doug, people wouldn't bother to pull your posts to pieces if you were a little less dismissive and critical yourself.

Ah, you're so sweet. It's almost like you believe that it isn't all an act.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I know we have a mountain to climb to get there and it's all a lottery but do you have the belief (gut feeling) that if we make at least 6th that we'll be able to win?

Personally I cannot see us beating any of the current likely top teams over two games and I certainly wouldn't hold out too much hope in a play off final should we make it.

We seem to be able to beat top teams in a one off game at the Amex but for some reason fall flat on our faces when the pressure is on and we have the chance to hoist ourselves into the top 6. Yesterday being a prime example. I am pretty sure we have screwed up on a couple of other similar occasions this season??

I think we have the players and the style to go all the way but the mental strength of this team and the ability to miss chances and be bullied by physical teams seem to be our downfall.

Anyway enough waffle, do you think we are equipped to win the semis to the final should we get to the playoff?

Poll to follow

Do I think we'll make the play-offs? NO

If we do make the play-offs, do I think we'll go up? YES

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Mr pot meet Mr Kettle. :facepalm:

You really don't get it do you? You are pretty good at writing but not very good at reading.

When will people get it through their thick skulls that theres more chance of one of us shagging the queen than making the play offs. Any chance of success this season vanished among the saga of last summer.

So how do you explain that Wigan had managerial upheavals MID-SEASON and are flying past us? Smacks of excuses to me, if you are a good manager you can make an impact on a team reasonably quickly

My answer is we should make the play-offs with our squad but various stumbles mean it will go to last day between us and Reading. Play-off tournaments usually favour the tactically bold adventurous teams so that's us at a disadvantage straight away

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here