Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Plans for Sunday?

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
Can't go because of medical stuff.

Taking bowel prep in advance of a colonoscopy on Monday.

Squeeky bum time is pretty much guaranteed whatever happens in the match.

....by 'Squeeky' I mean apocalyptic shitting.

still looking forward to it (the game, not the tube).

UTA.

I had a colonoscopy booked for the morning after an evening game at the Amex.
I took the first dose of laxatives in the early afternoon to let them err... pass through before the game and took the second dose when I got back home.
Ended up going to bed in the early hours of the morning of the procedure but it was worth it all round!

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Picked up about 7:15 in Lancing
7:45 train from Brighton with a couple of tins.
Spoons at Victoria for breakfast.
Tube to Oxford Circus and a couple in the Argyll Arms.
Tube to Wembley. Straight to the Green Man.
Aim to get to the ground about 15:45.

Can’t wait :drink:

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
Picked up about 7:15 in Lancing
7:45 train from Brighton with a couple of tins.
Spoons at Victoria for breakfast.
Tube to Oxford Circus and a couple in the Argyll Arms.
Tube to Wembley. Straight to the Green Man.
Aim to get to the ground about 15:45.

Can’t wait :drink:
The Spoons at Victoria Station has been shut recently. The Willow Walk just behind the station is open though.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Lewes - victoria 10ish train. Baker Street then Wembley Park I think will be my route in. Will either stop in Baker Street or head straight to Green Man. Weather doesn’t look so great now. Unless anyone knows a better route in from lewes

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
It's a kind offer, and much appreciated. But attending events is a wartime operation for me. Basically I have a form of agoraphobia really, combined with GAD. It actually started 15 years ago after the death of a parent (apparently this is often a trigger), improved, and then got worse after my final parent died. Same thing happened to my Mum after her mother died. She never left the house alone after that. It's inverted for me, if I travel I have to do it alone (it means I control situations and can escape a problem without having to worry about someone else).

I stopped going to Albion matches because I was on edge all the time (a lot of folk probably identify with that !) but the killer blow came at the Chelsea away match in 2019 when I had a full blown anxiety episode. I left the game on twenty minutes. I can joke about it too, given that I think most folk at that match probably had anxiety attacks as we were seemingly spiralling towards relegation... Once I was back at the car my heart rate halved and by the time I set off I was comfortable again. That was it though. I decided no more. I gave up my Wembley ticket. It can be an issue listening to radio commentary as I get too anxious at times. But I just turn the radio off if it gets to that. I can normally cope with it.

Ah, I forgot, I got to Leeds last year. I drove up fine on the Saturday and stayed up there. It ended up as a disaster though because I got hit with agoraphobic attacks and it took two days to get home. My boss came and collected my car off me so I could get the train home and I managed to do that two days later after a couple of false starts. I am so lucky to have an understanding employer. I work from home.

It is crippling. I miss out on so much and have lost a lot of social interaction. But I am happy at home, even if I don't go out much. I've determined a plan for the summer to try again. But it's baby steps. I'm conscious that I can't push myself. Lockdown probably paid a bigger part than I realise.

The Fulham match was planned with precision. A ticket off the exchange right by an exit (can leave without fuss at any point) Turn up for the game right on kick off (no time to stress when waiting and distraction as soon as the players come out). First half an hour I was edgy, but after that okay. I got home and the sense of 'I DID it' was overwhelming.

Not been back since, but I still keep reminding myself it can be done. I've been everywhere with the Albion. I hope I can do it again.
Very brave of you to share that. Our local health authority/trust has a self referral facility for counselling support which is free, telephone session based, either in small group (who you don’t see and they don’t see you) or 121. Great people in these support teams, maybe search online and see if you have something similar close to you. There is no stigma to starting down that avenue, it’s your own choice, and you control the nature, duration and extent of it. And it’s free. All the best.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I’m meeting my mate in London then off to a corporate box for cheap champers (I assume?) and really crap frozen canapés. Glad I’m not paying. Every other corporate “experience” I’ve had has been surprisingly crap.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Got a phone call on Monday from my brother to say he has decided to drop everything and get a flight from Melbourne simply to watch the game. Arrives Saturday pm and heads back Tuesday. Better fan than me.
My young lad lives in Melbourne, and did exactly this for the 2019 semi, but not this time. Great effort on your brother’s part. I potentially have 2 spares for Boxpark, if it is just you and him, you sound like a very deserving cause. £11 each face value. Need to be in there by 12.30pm to guarantee queue-free ticketed access.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Very brave of you to share that. Our local health authority/trust has a self referral facility for counselling support which is free, telephone session based, either in small group (who you don’t see and they don’t see you) or 121. Great people in these support teams, maybe search online and see if you have something similar close to you. There is no stigma to starting down that avenue, it’s your own choice, and you control the nature, duration and extent of it. And it’s free. All the best.
Thanks, but I don't see it as brave. It was difficult explaining it to folk at first, It felt like a kind of 'coming out', but I had to as people thought my behaviour strange and also felt that I had shunned them. But then others started contacting me and talking about their own experiences. My GP said that lockdown has increased the effects on some, especially the young and old. The fear I had to overcome was being seen as an 'attention seeker' but I'm not given to that, so I don't care, purely because sharing it seems to do much more good than harm. We've often talked about NSC as a 'binfest' but in reality there are some outstanding folk here and I've grown to love the place.

Anyway, talking of Sunday, I am immensely looking forward to it. The upside of not going has meant a new television has arrived in the house for the event. I'm absolutely astonished at the picture for a £350 purchase. The seating area is being prepared and it's almost a matchday experience. A rendition of GOSBTS will be sung before the kick off (badly) as the boys do battle. UTA and a great day to those attendance. Let's do this.

Last edited:

Gonzo BHA

Sep 3, 2004
BN1
Get train up, go to pub nearby (Green Man?), head to Wemberley, watch us smash them, then back to the Winchester to have a nice cold pint and wait for all of this to blow over.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Full ENGLISH breakfast
Train beers on the way to Laaarndon
Bit of charlie
Find some soap dodging eco protesters to duff up
March up Wembley way with the lads lads lads
Make a small child cry by nicking their tin foil FA cup
Bit more charlie
STAND in the wrong seat
Sing GOSBTS super fast
Get angry
Fall asleep on train home
Soil self

Simonf93

Apr 25, 2012
meet up with all the others and get the 11:17 from hassocks, few beers on way up to Victoria, tubes to wembley central, few beers and spot of lunch in jj moons or green man, visit fan zone, watch us batter the mancs….. speak to wife saying what a result don’t expect me home anytime soon…. find some more pubs on way home….. struggle to put key in door when home….. pass out on sofa watching the highlights

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Full ENGLISH breakfast
Train beers on the way to Laaarndon
Bit of charlie
Find some soap dodging eco protesters to duff up
March up Wembley way with the lads lads lads
Make a small child cry by nicking their tin foil FA cup
Bit more charlie
STAND in the wrong seat