Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Plane gone down in the French Alps?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Why are you so desperate to find some kind of reason to sympathise with this cold blooded killer?

Most conspiracy theories are driven by a fear of chaos or uncontrollability. It is far easier to believe some conspiracy crashed the plane, over a coverup of some kind using this pilot as a stooge, than to believe the cold hard evidence that a person can simply crack and commit an unspeakable atrocity.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
He wiped out 6,000 years worth of the rest of the victims lives. When I imagine what it would have been like for them in their last moments I can hear their desperate screams in my head. I find it really depressing thinking that one minute they were here with their full lives ahead of them, and the next minute gone.

It's heart-breaking that the school children weren't with their parents during a moment like that. I'm sure all of them were really excited about seeing their parents again.

Extremely sad. Reminds me of the Dunblane Massacre.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Most conspiracy theories are driven by a fear of chaos or uncontrollability.

:shutup:

If you want to slag off 'The funky hunky conspiracy gang'.

Please do it on a thread which is 'conspiracy related'.

This thread doesn't need any more conspiracy theory analysis. You obviously know your stuff.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Most conspiracy theories are driven by a fear of chaos or uncontrollability. It is far easier to believe some conspiracy crashed the plane, over a coverup of some kind using this pilot as a stooge, than to believe the cold hard evidence that a person can simply crack and commit an unspeakable atrocity.

Not sure there is any conspiracy theory here, just a wish on the part of some to understand what demons might have driven him to do it.

The thought of all the passengers knowing what was going to happen for several minutes beforehand is just awful.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Why are you so desperate to find some kind of reason to sympathise with this cold blooded killer?

People used to be described as taking their own life "When the balance of their mind was disturbed".

I don't think anyone would be trying to find a way of sympathising with him. But I would guess that for him, he was just committing suicide. Having spoken (not about this) to a friend of ours who has twice attempted suicide, she said that what you are doing seems entirely rational to you at the time. Yes, he did take 150 people with him, and yes, he is a killer, but I think the use of an expression like "cold-blooded" is harsh. He wasn't "thinking straight", and was incapable of thinking straight.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It's heart-breaking that the school children weren't with their parents during a moment like that. I'm sure all of them were really excited about seeing their parents again.

Extremely sad. Reminds me of the Dunblane Massacre.

The Dunblane Massacre was an act of an evil mass murderer as well, but I guess you could make an apology for him on his behalf.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Why are people on this thread using terms like 'cold-blooded' and 'evil' to describe Lubitz?

Ironic how those same people are also slagging off conspiracy theories on the same thread!

Bizarre!?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
People used to be described as taking their own life "When the balance of their mind was disturbed".

I don't think anyone would be trying to find a way of sympathising with him. But I would guess that for him, he was just committing suicide. Having spoken (not about this) to a friend of ours who has twice attempted suicide, she said that what you are doing seems entirely rational to you at the time. Yes, he did take 150 people with him, and yes, he is a killer, but I think the use of an expression like "cold-blooded" is harsh. He wasn't "thinking straight", and was incapable of thinking straight.

Name me one murderer who was thinking straight? Where do you draw the line?

To call it suicide is disingenuous to the meaning of the word. It was a suicidal mission to kill on a mass scale. Completely different.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Debate on here will go round in circles - he's a 'nutjob', 'evil' or 'suffering from an acute mental illness' depending on your viewpoint (or a combination of the three). Certainly incapable of thinking straight.

Whatever your view, still think the really key issue is why he wasn't stopped from flying by his doctor/therapist who clearly knew he had suicidal tendencies. It's fvcking unbelievable no procedure is in place to deal with this

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I have difficulty relating this to depression/suicide - seems to be more about notoriety re i want to die, i want to take a load of people out too in a dramatic way so i will be remembered. Seems more of a F*ck You than anything. Sad that those who want to be "significant", "important", "make a mark" or whatever have to do so in such a destructive way. Me, I am happy being an insignificant ant in the world and having a small penis and hopeless with women.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
We should also have sympathy for the 9/11 pilots who probably were suffering from a mental illness as well rather than branding them as evil c***s.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Lubitz 'practised rapid descent'

The co-pilot of the Germanwings plane that crashed in the French Alps in March appears to have practised a rapid descent on a previous flight, a report by French investigators says.

The report said Andreas Lubitz repeatedly set the plane for an unauthorised descent earlier that day....Over the course of three or four minutes, Lubitz did indeed designate "100ft" as the selected flight level. He did this several times, while the pilot was out of the cockpit.........But this was just after the plane had already begun its descent. After each occasion that he chose "100ft", he then corrected himself and entered the correct flight level.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-32604552

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here