[News] Plane gone down in the French Alps?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
With all the personal abuse, and point scoring over each other on this thread, this is the most vital part of aviation 'law' that worries me.
Pilots have turned up drunk, under the influence of drugs etc before flying.
Airlines are going to have to be much more rigorous in assessing pilots ability to fly in the future, whether it's mental or physical problems.

Lufthansa knew he had a serious depressive episode in 2009.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-20265583

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If you've ever suddenly lost someone very close to you before their time, leaving children, wives, husbands, parents and friends devastated you won't have an ounce of sympathy for this cold blooded murderer. Utter, utter scumbag.

Unless of course they committed suicide due to depresssion......then you may have a different perspective. Please don't claim to speak for everyone.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
A Dutch pilot issued a chilling warning of the risks of being locked out of the cockpit weeks before the Germanwings crash, saying: “I seriously wonder who’s sitting next to me”, it has emerged.

“I hope I never find myself in the situation where I go to the toilet and return to find a cockpit door that won’t open," he wrote.

:(

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor.../Dutch-pilot-predicted-French-Alps-crash.html

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
There are rumours that mobile phone footage from inside the plane prior to the crash has been found.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I'm only flying with scouse pilots from now on. You won't catch them ripping up a ****ing sick note and going to work !

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Unless of course they committed suicide due to depresssion......then you may have a different perspective. Please don't claim to speak for everyone.

I do know people that have committed suicide due to depression, as far as we can tell. I have deepest sympathy for them and their families. But no, you are right, to date nobody I know has murdered 150 innocent people by flying them into the side of a mountain at 450 mph so I shouldn't really have an opinion should I.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I do know people that have committed suicide due to depression, as far as we can tell. I have deepest sympathy for them and their families. But no, you are right, to date nobody I know has murdered 150 innocent people by flying them into the side of a mountain at 450 mph so I shouldn't really have an opinion should I.

You said 'If YOU'VE ever.........'. Meaning the reader. Nothing at all wrong with you having that view at all but you can't tell other people how to feel.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013

9/11 ? Though I guess that was because of religion reasons.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
9/11 ? Though I guess that was because of religion reasons.

I didn't know any of the pilots at 9/11 but I'm sure they were terribly troubled and we should all try and understand their mental state at the time.

Prosecutors have suggested he researched Suicide measures in the week before the crash, and Cockpit Door security provisions.

So in short, he researched how to kill 150 people, and did it.

Evil, pure unadulterated evil.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Wait till the facts are out.

Perhaps you prefer the bbc report. It is a statement of fact.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-32159602

The co-pilot suspected of deliberately crashing the Germanwings jet in the French Alps had researched suicide methods and the security of cockpit doors in the week before the crash.
German prosecutors said internet searches were found on the tablet computer used by Andreas Lubitz.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
He wiped out 6,000 years worth of the rest of the victims lives. When I imagine what it would have been like for them in their last moments I can hear their desperate screams in my head. I find it really depressing thinking that one minute they were here with their full lives ahead of them, and the next minute gone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports