[News] Plane gone down in the French Alps?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
His actions were consistently evil.

My assumptions are that he had a poor character mixed with high traits of sociopathy with some added 'depression'. What are your assumptions?

I agree, his actions were consistently evil.
I make no assumptions as to his state of mind i shall leave that up to you and the tabloid media.. There are people investigating this as we speak. I am sure when they have concluded their investigations they will share their findings. Feel free to speculate though

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I make no assumptions as to his state of mind i shall leave that up to you and the tabloid media.. There are people investigating this as we speak. I am sure when they have concluded their investigations they will share their findings. Feel free to speculate though

Yup, that.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

Well, now we have the go ahead from pastafarian (thanks), lets go for it.
Man deliberately flies plane into mountain, taking 150 lives with him for his own selfish reasons. Ill make an assumption on his state of mind. Completely ****ed up.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Still struggling to understand how my GP can withdraw my driving licence, but there is no process for him to advise the CAA or whoever that I am not fit to fly a plane.

With all the personal abuse, and point scoring over each other on this thread, this is the most vital part of aviation 'law' that worries me.
Pilots have turned up drunk, under the influence of drugs etc before flying.
Airlines are going to have to be much more rigorous in assessing pilots ability to fly in the future, whether it's mental or physical problems.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
i know he has depression - that shouldn't excuse him from risking the lives of others though should it?

Have you been in a frame of mind like Clarke Carlisle's then ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nope, still struggling to have an ounce of sympathy for this killer pilot. No amount of comparing him to other ordinary people with mental problems who haven't gone on a killing spree is going to change my mind.

All my sympathy goes to the very unfortunate passengers and their very distraught friends and relatives.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
If you've ever suddenly lost someone very close to you before their time, leaving children, wives, husbands, parents and friends devastated you won't have an ounce of sympathy for this cold blooded murderer. Utter, utter scumbag.

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
At 10:29 a.m., air traffic radar detects that the plane is starting to descend.

Three minutes later, air traffic controllers try to contact the plane and receive no answer -- shortly after which an alarm goes off in the cockpit, warning of the "sink rate," Bild reported.

Next comes the banging.

Sondenheimer begs Lubitz to let him in. Passengers then begin to scream, according to the transcript obtained by Bild.

Another three minutes pass. A loud metallic bang is heard at 7,000 meters (almost 23,000 feet).

A minute and half later and 2,000 meters (about 6,500 feet) lower to the ground, an alarm says "Terrain -- pull up!"

"Open the damn door!" the pilot says.

It's 10:38, and the plane is at 4,000 meters (about 13,000 feet). Lubitz's breathing can still be heard on the voice recorder, according to Bild's report.

Two minutes later, investigators think they hear the plane's right wing scrape a mountaintop.

Screams can be heard one final time.

so contrary to initial reports the passengers only knew what was going on in the final moments, they had around 7 minutes of torture to go through

a purely evil individual

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports