Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Plane gone down in the French Alps?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Tragic. R-i-P. Just watched someone from Germanwings speak and an open and genuine press conference,unlike MH370.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
I guess any European aircrash would be major news, the planes should be the newest and best maintained
RiP. Only flew back from the Canaries yesterday, though on a Boeing 737

Midfield Minton

Dec 18, 2013
Just seen on the news it had a maintenance check yesterday and was passed fit to fly,such a sad event,we may never know what the plan was like but a part of me hopes they didn't know what was coming.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Where are our usual conspiracy theorists, anyway?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Extra Valium for my flight tomorrow now.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Extra Valium for my flight tomorrow now.

I don't know why you are not on them permanently, It would deal with all Fight or Flight problems. :thumbsup:

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
No, because the French Alps can be as high as 15,782ft

I spent six weeks in a small village north of Digne Les Bains (the nearest town to the crash site) and at that point they're about 2,000m high.

Relatively accessible but on small mountain roads with little to no space through some of the passes for emergency vehicles.

Even if there were survivors - which there aren't - they would def have struggled to reach them. Sad times.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Very sad indeed.
I'm watching the news coverage at Munich airport whilst waiting for my flight home with Lufthansa .......

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'd guess the latter.

Apparently 2014 was the safest year for aviation on record.

Just seen a stat (BBC website) that says there was one fatality per 2.38 million flights (ie passengers) in 2014, up from 1.91 million in 2013. As desperately awful as this is, it's still a pretty safe way to travel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here