Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pies.

Dunk

Jul 27, 2011
Lewes
Had a chilli pie in ESU at 11.30. It was nice. They ran out soon after that though.

On buying two pies and pints the guy asked us which sort of pies then proceeded to charge us only for the beers. It came off the card automatically and he just stared blankly at us when we asked for our food.
Another guy came over and explained we had only been charged for beers. We confirmed that we were aware of this and could we have some pies please. Unfortunately, this meant reversing the transaction owing to the fact we did not not get the 'pie and a pint' discount. A third member of staff came over and voided the previous transaction.
At this stage it became complicated.
The card had £13.47 credit on it which was not enough to cover the £14 bill- though would be enough after the 10% cashback. Sadly, the tills could not cope with this so we handed a £10 note over asking them to take 53p to allow the transaction to proceed. The girl took the whole £10 leaving a mere £3.47 to go on the card, presumably costing us £1.00 in lost cashback.
We tried to explain that we had wanted change and the card to be used, but this looked like being too hard a point to get across so we took our pies and were grateful.

The pie was very nice.

I think they should allow people to make orders for half time like at the theater. What could possibly go wrong?

Owen2002

Jun 25, 2012
Sussex
Stay behind after the game for food and drink they said..... But where!!!! ESU, had no food or drink!!!!!! Well... managed to grab a pint off flat Fosters, which I was told was about to run out, so take it or leave it!!!! Still can't wait until next seasons refreshments though!!!!!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I arrived at the game on Monday and elbowed my way to the back of WSU where there was a beer stall in the same place as always. I thrust £4 into the girl's hand and she gave me a pint which I took and walked away. I took a sip and got quite a shock on realising it was Guinness. I glanced back and noticed there was a tiny badge saying Guinness on the hand pump but she was standing by a large Harveys sign. No wonder we lost. GRR!

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
Something was very wrong with all catering. I recon they found out they didn't get the job. Or their recruitment was significantly worse than usual.
WSU ran out of cider by half time.
The chicken pie was dangerous, improperly cooked, runny, sloppy etc.
The missus spat it out and threw it away.
My stake and ale was pretty poor but not as bad, just runny mainly.

U can be sure PP would have been even more insulted than me. Unless they've been dumped and it was on purpose, hope not but nothing surprises me at the mo.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
In the Upper West they often run out of them, its extremely annoying... One of the workers told Me something along the lines of they dont order as many in now or something... Also unless you get there hours early youve got no chance of getting 'the special of the day' pie...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here