Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pies.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Had good fry up at Savannahs cafe bar lined my small stomach and had a few Harvey's good day finished few beers in the ground followed loads more at savannah followed by the end of season curry which we will have do it again.?

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
One of the staff at an outlet was standing there with about 10 pints pre-poured and a bloke with a tenner was saying "please give me one of those and take my money", she didn't know how to use a till and was waiting for the manager to return to fetch some more pies. By the time he returned, the 2nd half had started and nobody could get anything.

Who in their right mind decides the best way to train a new member of staff is during half time on a match day?

At a new place you don't expect the staff to be like McDonalds or anything, screaming and shouting to get orders out ASAP, but after two years it's becoming a joke.

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
Totally, utterley shambolic. No pies at all @ 12.44; at half time some daft bird trying to say that they would be ready in twelve minutes half way through the interval and none after the game. At half time a bunch of tense looking cooks (?) clustered round the ovens at the back of the refreshment stands looking worried... The guy next to me brought something that was still frozen in the middle. I brought a hot dog after the game that also hadn't been cooked properly. Don't these people own a food thermometer? Thank heavens for the chippie by the Hikers Rest, where the food's great but the woman in charge clearly doesn't enjoy her job!

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367799905.203601.jpgI found 4 in ESL. They'd been on the floor and were waiting to be thrown away. I might have asked to 'throw it away for them'. I was starving.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Pre match
WSL north end none 20-25 minutes before the game.

Post match
WSL north none after the game. WSL middle had a couple of breakfast pies left.

I don't normally mind, but I had not eaten for quite some time prior to the match and was looking forward to a pie.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Arrived to WSU too late to get anything before the game, so tried at half time and there was no hot food left. Was absolutely starving, so I nipped out at about the 75th minute to see if they had anything yet, but there was nothing. Then waited till the players had been round the pitch and no hot food. Tried to get into the North Stand but judged that it would take about 30 minutes to get served, so tried in the East Stand. They had some hot food (maybe 10 bits of assorted hot food between the 3 outlets) but given the length of the queues it would all have been gone by the time I got to the front.

Eventually I managed to get an ice cream from the ice cream fan, although that hardly filled me up.

It really is quite daft that they can't sort this out. I know there's a LOT of people to serve, but it's not like we all turn up unannounced and demand food, they do know we're coming (or at least you'd hope so).

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
Sausage rolls? Jacket potatoes? When did these start?

Allegedly they had jacket potatoes with cheese and/or beans. I did see catering sized boxes of potatoes as well (just the boxes .. not the actual potatoes)

Sausage rolls seemed to be from under the counter and not on the menu

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here