Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pies.

Let's Have A Winner!

Apr 23, 2006
Burgess Hill
Well I got the missus a veggie pie which had steak written on the box and came from the section titled balti...she was not happy! However my breakfast pie which I thought was the chilli one wasn't too bad!

Titus

Come on!
Feb 21, 2010
Up here on the left.
We were in ESL. No jacket potatoes or pies before the match. Nothing hot at halftime, despite getting there early. And all they had after the match was sausage rolls.

The impression I got from talking to the staff was they they were trying to get rid of all the end-of-season stock, so they didn't want to buy/cook more than they needed. Has anyone told them there is still a match to go, with possibly the highest attendance all season?

Sausage rolls? Jacket potatoes? When did these start?

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Ran out of plastic beer cups at half time on the Harvey's Bar WSU only a 5 min wait. Was it a record food and drinks sales? Oh what the hell we are in the play offs, 2 games from paying loads of money for food and drink.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We arrived bang on KO in WSU due to the issues at Brighton station where the allegedly well behaved Wolves fans did not want to queue up so just pushed the barriers out the way causing chaos.

So no pies and me and Mini had a hot dog each which was actually much better than I had anticipated.

thisistips

Oct 17, 2010
Away away away
Two fans called up and talked about it on 606. Quite a funny conversation, knowing the context. Dan walker even shouted seeeeegulls, despite being a Crawley fan

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
I bought the last chilli pie the beer and pie hatch at the south end of WSL had. By far my favourite pie.

For the first time I was in the new bit at the NE corner. At half time I ventured to the loo and discovered that there is a Narnia like bit tucked away in a little dead end corner with loo's that were virtually empty (seemed a bit ott having a steward with hot towels and perfume spray), also a refreshment counter that was equally quiet. I had already feasted on a pie purchased just after noon from one of the other counters at which I did not need to queue and seemed to have an abundance of pies. Amazingly they had chips at this new outlet, the best I have ever tasted! They were free as well, because it is so tucked away that had hardly sold any and didn't want to waste them, the free Harvey's had already gone sadly.

PS Some of the above may not be entirely true.

D

Deleted User X18H

We arrived bang on KO in WSU due to the issues at Brighton station where the allegedly well behaved Wolves fans did not want to queue up so just pushed the barriers out the way causing chaos.

So no pies and me and Mini had a hot dog each which was actually much better than I had anticipated.

They were not Wolves fans they were Children's Parade parents.

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
Upper easy was a joke again, ran out of everything by 12.20, on both bars, while in the queue we saw them filling up the ovens but those pies did not come out until half time.
I got in the queue at half time on the dot, so the queues were already 12 ppl long, by the time I got to the bar all steaks gone, 4 chicken and 3 special left at the north bar.
Also ran out of Bovril at half time.

I bet they still threw loads of pies out. Its not the amount they bring/buy in, it's time management to get them ready for when ppl want them which is poor.

Currently still better than the old caterers but still not good enough. The task itself doesn't sound that complicated yet it is never achieved.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Loads in ESU. End near North stand.

Odd. We got to ESU (north end) at 12.15 and there was none. No pies, no burgers. Same at halftime. Shiny shelves with nothing on them. I'm sure Smirko is telling the truth but so am I. What's going on?

Owen2002

Jun 25, 2012
Sussex
ESU.... Think most of the staff need proper training... Unable to use the tills etc, doesn't help anyone, we may have good pies but only good if you can actually get one.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here