Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] pick your team for tuesdays massive game against millwall

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I have say, I hope Hughton puts a team out with a view to winning this rather than not losing it. There isn't much to gain from a planned-for draw, as it still leaves Wigan the chance to close 2 points on us with their home game against Watford. And any team that finishes below Millwall is going to be relegated - that much is nailed on - so games aren't going to be any more winnable than this.

Three points here would leave only Wigan able to catch us. And if they lost as well tomorrow, I couldn't see that happening with them 10 points behind (and effectively another half point for a better GD) with only 8 games to play.

So please CH, play for the win. I promise not to MOAN (much) if it backfires and we lose by the odd goal in five.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Paddy's Day

Day for the Irish. Play Glen Rea, upfront if need be.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I have say, I hope Hughton puts a team out with a view to winning this rather than not losing it. There isn't much to gain from a planned-for draw, as it still leaves Wigan the chance to close 2 points on us with their home game against Watford. And any team that finishes below Millwall is going to be relegated - that much is nailed on - so games aren't going to be any more winnable than this.

Three points here would leave only Wigan able to catch us. And if they lost as well tomorrow, I couldn't see that happening with them 10 points behind (and effectively another half point for a better GD) with only 8 games to play.

So please CH, play for the win. I promise not to MOAN (much) if it backfires and we lose by the odd goal in five.

Agree with this. I also think that we are simply MORE likely to lose if we set up 'not to lose' than if we turn up and go at them. Their confidence is shot to pieces. Early goal equals easy win. Attack.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Stockdale

Bruno
Halford
Greer
Bennett

Ince
Stephens
Kayal
Teixeira
Lua lua

COG

I would go with this team too, although I suspect Calde will start again instead of one out of four of those midfielders (not Kayal): Hughton tends to pick (even) more defensively minded teams away from home.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I wouldnt start COG as a lone striker against Shittu as he will get eaten up. Either start with him and a supporting striker or just a fast attack and not hit the ball long and high, play him on the ground and get behind him rather than over him. Possibly a case for starting Best who is quicker than COG.

Ooooeeeer BG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here