Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Phil Neville

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Moyes was suggesting that Phil Neville should replace him at Everton so I doubt it very much I still hold out hope for Gus to stay or if not just go for Harry.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The question is just because of his workmanlike, combative playing style does that reflect his vision in terms of playing style.

If it is, then 'no' not for me. I'm not sure he's what we need at this time.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Not really probably 70/30 against but I live in hope as I think that it is our best route of progression to the Premier at the moment. Change of manager would mean too many changes in style of play and the players etc.

You could be right and in terms of playing style and personnel, I think that is inevitable. However, for Gus to come back he might have to apologise and build bridges with people. I just wonder whether this would make him half the person, and whether he would sulk as not being released from his contract etc....
All very hypothetical of course.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
So he's spent the majority of his career playing for the greatest manager ever, and the rest of it playing for his successor. Can't be too bad an idea can it? I would very much imagine this fits our cost cutting plans also, I'd expect loans from Man Utd and Everton.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Would a new manager be able to change the style sufficiently and bring in the required players to do this. I think that Harry would as I believe if he took over both Bridge and Upson would sign and we wouldnt then need to bring in many. Plus he usually plays with a big man and a partner up front so CMS or Hoskins could partner Ulloa

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
So he's spent the majority of his career playing for the greatest manager ever, and the rest of it playing for his successor. Can't be too bad an idea can it? I would very much imagine this fits our cost cutting plans also, I'd expect loans from Man Utd and Everton.

Bryan Robson? Roy Keane? Paul Ince? Mark Hughes? - All played under Ferguson.

Wouldn't want any of them managing Brighton either.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Would a new manager be able to change the style sufficiently and bring in the required players to do this. I think that Harry would as I believe if he took over both Bridge and Upson would sign and we wouldnt then need to bring in many. Plus he usually plays with a big man and a partner up front so CMS or Hoskins could partner Ulloa

I think the Bridge, Upson scenario would be more likely and would be welcomed.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Gary comes over very well on Sky. Reads the game well. No idea whether it runs in the family

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
When the Telegraph provides space for an article like that to appear it has got some creditability. The Telegraph has one of the best track records when it comes to inside information and was the paper that broke the Fergie retirement story before anyone else.
I would give the story more creditability than anything that has appeared so far regarding Brighton. The journo has very likely been told something either from the Albion hierarchy or the Neville camp.
Phil Neville is very bright and thought of highly as a young coach. The fact that Everton and United both want him to be involved in their coaching set ups says everything. It would be an excellent signing if we could persuade him to move south.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
If we play 2 up front my choice would be Barnes. CMS can't shoot and I think Hoskins is actually made out of balsa wood. I think we're all going to fall into the same trap regarding CMS. It's going to be like when Hoskins was injured and we were all convinced he'd be amazing when he came back, without having ever reallyodone anything for us. When CMS comes back he'll still run around a lot but he'll still be cack at shooting.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
:lolol: that's right, it's only fair to write him off before he's managed anywhere, simply because that list have all been crap.

Fantastic response...... :lolol:

Yes, you are right. I think that must mean I want someone with a proven track record, just like when Gus joined us........... oh!

You rang?

lurch4.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here