Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Phil Neville

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
He's okay, he was an impressive captain of Everton, but he has zero experience, unlike Gus, who had been an assistant manager in the lower divisions and the Premier League and in Europe. And if you read the Telegraph piece, it says that Neville COULD be included on a shortlist. So COULD any number of people...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Bit of a risk as manager, but on the plus side, as a player he'll be a good replacement for Bridcutt..

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
He's okay, he was an impressive captain of Everton, but he has zero experience, unlike Gus, who had been an assistant manager in the lower divisions and the Premier League and in Europe. And if you read the Telegraph piece, it says that Neville COULD be included on a shortlist. So COULD any number of people...

That's true but the only manager who has taken us into the top division also had zero management or coaching experience before joining Brighton and that worked out OK.

I trust TB to do the right thing, sometimes you have to go on gut instinct, but I do know that there are a lot of people in the game who say that both the Nevilles could be first-class managers one day.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Gary yes, Phil NO !!!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
And other papers say he is going to go to man utd to join moyes's coaching staff.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
That's true but the only manager who has taken us into the top division also had zero management or coaching experience before joining Brighton and that worked out OK.

I trust TB to do the right thing, sometimes you have to go on gut instinct, but I do know that there are a lot of people in the game who say that both the Nevilles could be first-class managers one day.

Spot on.

Look at Chris Powell at Charlton. Had very little experience before he became manager at Charlton , since then he's done a cracking job with that squad and seems to have a bright future.

No reason why Neville if given the chance couldn't do as good a job.

livewire11

Banned
Feb 10, 2011
I think he would be a great manager, experienced player, learnt from the greatest manager of all time and hungry to do well!!! Gets my vote!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You'd have to love a gamble to appoint an ex player with no managerial experience :smile:

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Not forgiven him for giving away that penalty against Romania and various other blunders playing for England
Thought he was nailed on to be Moyes's number 2 at Man Utd anyway

Stumpy Tim

I quite like the idea of Phil Neville being our manager. Knows his football, plenty of contacts at Everton and Man Utd, tipped to be a great manager... I assume he speaks fluent Spanish?

Having said that, if it's anyone but Oscar I'll be disappointed. If it's not him I'm going to THROW my season ticket in Blooms face

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here