Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Phil Neville

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Telegraph reckons he's gonna be our new manager

Phil Neville is being lined up by Brighton and Hove Albion as a potential successor to Gus Poyet, with the Championship club understood to be taking steps to appoint their next manager.

Neville has emerged as a leading contender to replace the Uruguayan, who is still the subject of an investigation from his club after he was suspended earlier this month, and the Everton captain is expected to be included on a shortlist if Poyet's departure is confirmed.

Poyet and his assistants, Mauricio Taricco and Charlie Oatway, were all suspended by Brighton in May and a resolution is expected to be agreed next week, with the League Managers’ Association also involved in the inquiry.

This statement is complete rubbish. We may be taking steps, but it would have to be completely off the record, the LMA would have a field day!
Makes the whole thing hard to believe to be honest.

Also, I'd rather have Gary Neville :shrug:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
No thanks!

We want someone with experience that can carry on from where Poyet left off and can get us into the prem. Going back to square one with an inexperienced manager is not something I would like. Gus admitted he made mistakes at first, but can we afford those mistakes now that the stakes are so much higher?

It's one thing taking a chance in League One, rather different in the Championship where you're up against clubs financed by Premier League parachute payments. And Gus had experience as an assistant. PN hasn't.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Poyet is suspended, not sacked. Surely this report is speculative rubbish?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
No thank you.

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
As I said in another post,my wish for management team would be Ole Gunnar Solksjaer with Phil Neville as his assistant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here