Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Phantom Sh*tter

AmexGold

Banned
Apr 22, 2014
To be honest, not many Palace fans cared at the time. We'd just got promoted. And Brighton wouldn't have cared if they'd won.

The reaction here is a little over the top - I'm guessing Parish didn't know about it at the time.

Haven't you got a relegation battle tonight to focus on?

Dec 3, 2012
Didn't think it was important? You must be joking, with all the bad media attention Brighton the club took over the incident they did not feel it important enough to come out with the true story. Wow

Wow.

Don't you think they've moved on? Their world doesn't revolve around Brighton. That's assuming they know. Although it seems it's been decided on here that they do.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Yeah I know all about the knee jerkers on both sides but the frustration on here is different. You can feel the hurt.

I think our club has every reason to feel hurt. Our reputation over this was dragged through the shit in the media, whilst CP knew the truth and did nothing to rectify things. As another poster said earlier in the thread, this goes much further than the result of a single football match.

If this is an indication of how CP like to operate, it's a pretty damning indictment of anyone connected to them.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
To be honest, not many Palace fans cared at the time. We'd just got promoted. And Brighton wouldn't have cared if they'd won.

The reaction here is a little over the top - I'm guessing Parish didn't know about it at the time.

Haven't you got a relegation battle tonight to focus on?

The joy of a multi-threaded message board is that different subjects can be 'focused on' at the same time :lolol:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think our club has every reason to feel hurt. Our reputation over this was dragged through the shit in the media, whilst CP knew the truth and did nothing to rectify things. As another poster said earlier in the thread, this goes much further than the result of a single football club.

If this is an indication of how CP like to operate, it's a pretty damning indictment of anyone connected to them.
In hindsight The Albion should have written the formal apology on a roll of Andrex and lobbed it over the wall at Smellhurst.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Well ruddy Nora, who'd have credited it? Hope the coach driver is still with us, can take a dump in other changing rooms and get us fired up enough to win :D

Dec 3, 2012
Someone on your own forum is saying that they heard the true version of events from your co-chairman last season.

Some bloke says this and that so it suits me to say that it must be true.

I was there last night. McCarthy was telling the truth but I can't be sure that the whole club had a big meeting about it where the top of the agenda was to do the right thing by Brighton.

I don't would suggest it's ever been discussed formally. At the club. Palace have moved on. They stopped thinking about this the day after.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Wow.

Don't you think they've moved on? Their world doesn't revolve around Brighton. That's assuming they know. Although it seems it's been decided on here that they do.

Do you seriously expect us to believe that with the whole media shitstorm going off over that incident, that the owner of CPFC had no idea, and STILL has no idea what happened ? Come on.

The occurence was revolting in itself, but could have easily been forgiven at the time with a short, simple apology.

The cover-up that occured when the blame fell on BHA for this, and then the ACCEPTANCE of BHA's sincere apology at the time when it was known within your club who the culprit was, has revealed what an utterly classless bunch of weasels your mob are.

You must be very proud.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Given that representatives of their club deliberately perpetrated, had knowledge of, and stayed silent on an incident which cast another club in a poor light, there's some pretty appalling hand-wringing and shoulder-shrugging from some of the Palace contingent on here now that the spotlight has shone back on them. The fact they then compound it by (a) feeling it doesn't matter and (b) bizarrely, and somewhat pathetically claiming that no-one knew, because those representatives have been named shows them in an appalling light.

That's nothing to do with any sense rivalry or over-reaction, that's basic common decency.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

I was there last night. McCarthy was telling the truth but I can't be sure that the whole club had a big meeting about it where the top of the agenda was to do the right thing by Brighton.

I don't would suggest it's ever been discussed formally. At the club. Palace have moved on. They stopped thinking about this the day after.

So, you've decided that he was telling the truth, but selectively chosen that a bloke on your forum is lying. And then accuse me of choosing who to believe.

Riiiiiiight.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

I'm sure they did. It wasn't them getting the bad publicity was it.

Still they might have to think about it a lot more today.

:)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Wow.

I searched for Horton hears a few and found him.

giphy.gif

Dec 3, 2012
Says one of many Palace trolls permanently camped on a Brighton forum. Seriously, if we're that insignificant then you could just, you know, f*ck off and take your fellow trolls with you.

I like this board. I live down in East Sussex now and I like the locals. So it feels relevant to me.

I think the Palace board have more pressing issues and have had for a while now. I'm afraid that's the reality.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun

If your Board don't have the decency to apologise to Brighton over the slurs aimed at our club after this incident, it just goes to show what a classless bunch of wankers you've got running your club.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Given that representatives of their club deliberately perpetrated, had knowledge of, and stayed silent on an incident which cast another club in a poor light, there's some pretty appalling hand-wringing and shoulder-shrugging from some of the Palace contingent on here now that the spotlight has shone back on them. The fact they then compound it by (a) feeling it doesn't matter and (b) bizarrely, and somewhat pathetically claiming that no-one knew, because those representatives have been named shows them in an appalling light.

That's nothing to do with any sense rivalry or over-reaction, that's basic common decency.

Sums it up pretty well I'd say

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here