Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Phantom Sh*tter

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
To clarify my position on this: I have no issue with the result of the game (nor do most people I imagine: Palace won, unfortunately, fair & square). What I do have an issue with is a football club knowingly keeping quiet about something which, ultimately, one of their staff is responsible for, whilst a media binfest develops at the expense of the Albion. And they did know, as Glenn Murray was making off-the-record comments about it at the time. I'd heard that one, and was told in person by an Albion employee last year.

People get the shits occasionally, it can't be helped. Nobody would have been upset if they'd just said "Yep, sorry about that, an unfortunate accident which we will of course pay to clean up" (no need). But to wilfully permit the sort of national storm which ensued- shit on the walls, turds in the middle of the dressing room floor, shitty writing up the walls etc is downright shabby on Palace's behalf.

Yes, Palace fans, we get it. You're a Premier League club. But you're a shabby, small, poor excuse for one, with a strange sense of what's right & wrong.

Beautifully put. :thumbsup:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Well said, Edna.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
T
Yes, Palace fans, we get it. You're a Premier League club. But you're a shabby, small, poor excuse for one, with a strange sense of what's right & wrong.

Not sure that this post can get quoted enough today.

What a poxy squalid outfit they really are.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
It always amazes me how many people knew what actually happened but nobody posted it on here very strange.

Cough...

I thought about them putting a statement out about it but then I realised they were trying to rise above what equated to terrace rumours. Bar poyets rant-a-thon email the wider world would never have known. I wonder if they had said 't'was the driver, in trap 2, with the dodgy guts' people would have flamed them for lowering down to a crass level. Just thinking out loud.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Maybe I'll ask Steve Parish via Twitter when he's going to clarify his position on this issue.

He's @CE04TAG if you want to say hi yourself.

ParDieu

Banned
Jan 18, 2015
To clarify my position on this: I have no issue with the result of the game (nor do most people I imagine: Palace won, unfortunately, fair & square). What I do have an issue with is a football club knowingly keeping quiet about something which, ultimately, one of their staff is responsible for, whilst a media binfest develops at the expense of the Albion. And they did know, as Glenn Murray was making off-the-record comments about it at the time. I'd heard that one, and was told in person by an Albion employee last year.

People get the shits occasionally, it can't be helped. Nobody would have been upset if they'd just said "Yep, sorry about that, an unfortunate accident which we will of course pay to clean up" (no need). But to wilfully permit the sort of national storm which ensued- shit on the walls, turds in the middle of the dressing room floor, shitty writing up the walls etc is downright shabby on Palace's behalf.

The only part of your post that is based on fact and not hearsay, conjecture and some bloke who works for the clubs' say so is that we are indeed a premier league club.
That's the only sure thing you've put.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
The only part of your post that is based on fact and not hearsay, conjecture and some bloke who works for the clubs' say so is that we are indeed a premier league club.

I dunno, shabby and small hold quite a bit of water too.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

There were lots of people who were aware of what turned out to be the truth - myself included. But, if I recall correctly there was a certain degree of concern over speculating on this subject at the time, so people were (perhaps overly) careful about how much the shared (particularly as they weren't 100% sure this was the truth)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Are you calling Paddy McCarthy a liar too?

You know it's true, you're just embarrassed by the conduct of your club over this matter. Not the driver as such, who had an unfortunate condition, even if he lacked the decency to have a quiet word with someone and ask for a cleaner. It's fair enough. I was embarrassed all those months ago when it was put out there that a Brighton & Hove Albion employee was low enough to do the deed.

Now it's your turn, and not only do you have to accept that it was your filthy employee, but also your low-life club who covered it up (the story, not, unfortunately, the diarrhoea explosion).

As we've said. Shabby. Low. Contemptible. Like the sneaky kid at school who steals somebody else's pencil case and then sits there sniggering whilst another kid gets wrongly accused and gets detention for it. That's you lot.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
No. What's being claimed is that the kit was put into the dressing room a day in advance of the team arriving on the Monday evening, and that that's when it happened.

Sounds feasible: Kit man needs to get full kit laid out in preparation for a big match, so he gets coach driver to take him to Amex with kit. Driver gives kit man a hand with carrying kit into changing rooms, but while kit man is laying out kit, the coach driver is approaching Dresden so has to use the facilities. Driver makes a mess of trap 2, but is too embarrassed to say anything on the assumption that a cleaner will sort it; however, following the delivery of the kit the changing room renames locked (as it's already been cleaned and for security) until the away team arrives in the evening.

What's most annoying is that this story was allowed to spiral until it became FACT that Charlie Oatway had laid out a big turd in the middle of the floor and then written 'Palace Scum' on the wall in excrement. Andy Orlandi was even asked by Chappers on 5 live about what he thought about someone having poo'd on the changing room floor in a preview programme of the following season!

Sure it wasn't Mark Poogatch?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

You know it's true, you're just embarrassed by the conduct of your club over this matter. Not the driver as such, who had an unfortunate condition, even if he lacked the decency to have a quiet word with someone and ask for a cleaner. It's fair enough. I was embarrassed all those months ago when it was put out there that a Brighton & Hove Albion employee was low enough to do the deed.

Now it's your turn, and not only do you have to accept that it was your filthy employee, but also your low-life club who covered it up (the story, not, unfortunately, the diarrhoea explosion).

As we've said. Shabby. Low. Contemptible. Like the sneaky kid at school who steals somebody else's pencil case and then sits there sniggering whilst another kid gets wrongly accused and gets detention for it. That's you lot.

It's in the Argus and Croydon Advertiser today, although believing what's in the newspapers is not always a good idea.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/11738245.Albion_v_Palace__poogate__culprit_uncovered_at_last/?ref=mr

http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/...gate-culprit/story-25894802-detail/story.html

ParDieu

Banned
Jan 18, 2015

Paddy McCarthy was at a club do. No doubt the booze was flowing. For all you or I know is that he could have been on a wind up just to further antagonise Brighton fans such as yourself.
If what you believe to be a true account of events, thus making this nearly 2 year old bitter pill a bit easier to swallow, then good luck.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

All of this, and even worse, still using it to abuse Poyet now.......scumbag behaviour, pure and simple. Classless and gutless.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I wonder if Holloway will ever come out and apologise for all his slamming of this?

I'm delighted this has FINALLY come out. I heard this at the time it happened (well, about 3 weeks after the game) and the sheer SMUGNESS I demonstrated when walking into the office with the "I told you so" was delightful :lolol:

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Perfect words as usual Edna, think the thing that gets in my throat is the the Palace trolls that came on here calling us and our club 'disgusting' etc straight after Poogate, now they come on and say its 'hilarious', total hyprocrites and shows their club up. Apologies to the decent Palace fans that come on here, but strange they are very quite now. Think they are totally embarresed. Do you think Prince Charming will make an apology as some of his tweets at the time were a bit OTT.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here