Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Phantom Sh*tter

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I'd wager there were a few holding their breath that night.
And come on now...don't get all holier than thou. You lot will cling on (see what I did there?) to any crumb of comfort that will ease the pain of getting hammered in your own back yard.

It clearly isn't about that. I am sure I was not alone in cringing with embarrassment when this story broke originally and remember Holloway banging on about being "disrespected" and the like. Or was that because you were "misdirected" to the stadium as was suggested earlier? Or to the carpark when you arrived? A clue for next time. The big shiny thing off the A27 is the stadium and the big space for parking cars etc is the carpark. Hope this helps.

ParDieu

Banned
Jan 18, 2015
Well, this was news to me. What isn't news of course is that Palace, as per usual, showed a complete lack of class over the whole incident. When it was someone from within BHA it was "disgusting", but now its known it was someone within CPFC apparently its "hilarious". How predictably hypocritical.

Systematic thieving from local businesses, shameful cover-ups, a philandering potty-mouthed thug for a manager. What a truly shabby, grubby little club.

And a premier league outfit too.
Don't forget that now.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Posts saying it was the coach driver have been on NSC, for over two years. Have a search.

Have made a few searches, can't find anything, don't recall it being posted at the time myself, but then wasn't overly following all the threads. Are you able to locate the post(s)?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Sounds like I'm one of the few that didn't know about it (or didn't pretend to know about it !)
At the very least I think that this demands an apology from Parish and from Holloway
But we won't get it from, as Easy 10 put it above, "a truly shabby grubby little club"

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I remember at the time being intensely embarrassed because someone in the club had supposedly done this out of spite. Palace fans I know were suggesting it was Charlie Oatway that was responsible, and apparently words were written on the wall in excrement. The rumour mill went into overdrive, and nobody was beyond suspicion. As I say, every time someone mentioned it (Palace fan or otherwise) I cringed with embarrassment.

I while later, via a friend I was told about the Palace coach driver info - which of course I couldn't verify.

However, for all this time, people within CPFC knew the truth, but having allowed it to proceed as it did, and was used as a motivational tool by Holloway, they decided not to clear it up (literally and metaphorically). It wouldn't have taken much to draw a line under the incident a couple of days later, would it ? The match was won.

Sad, very sad. And what's even sadder, is that just like a newspaper apology for an incorrect story, most people won't notice the 'truth' but continue to believe the original 'lie'.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Ah, there you go then, I searched Palace coach driver with and without quotes and got this return:

The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search:
"palace coach driver"

The best way to search NSC, given the size of it now, is to let Google take the strain with a site:www.northstandchat.com search:

https://www.google.co.uk/#safe=off&q=site:www.northstandchat.com+palace+coach+driver

You can narrow down the date range too, if required.

Dec 3, 2012
I was at the Speroni do last night and from what McCarthy said it seems that it wasn't known by the Palace staff at the time who the culprit was. So when Holloway ranted about it, he thought at the time it was a ploy by Brighton.

At what point it did become clear I don't know. I can see the point that, to a neutral, they will just remember that "Brighton s***" in the Palace dressing room and that seems a little unfair and a little amusing at the same time.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Just so you're all aware, because I'm sure you really, really want to know :moo:

I'm sure it'll please you to know that Paddy McCarthy revealed at a testimonial evening for our Jules that our Coach Driver was ill the night before and in his words "it was coming out of both ends" when he and the kit man delivered our kit on the Sunday evening.

He tried to clear it but made it worse.

No-one else went it to clear it, and it's still there when the team arrived the next day.

Paddy: "We wouldn't be in the Premier League if it wasn't for that driver. 'Olly wasn't happy"

Cheers to that driver :drink:

:shit:

Thanks for starting this thread, and also to the subsequent commenters - Having a good laugh, just what I need on arrival at my grey office!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
This sounds like bolox to me.

1, The coach drivers stay on the bus until all other staff are off, they then park the bus where the police advice.
2 Why would a coach driver go into the away dressing room.
3 The kit men are usually in the dressing rooms a good while before the teams putting kit out, this is also helped be members of the ground staff of the home team.
4, I cant see a coach driver entering the dressing room area without being asked who and why, and if he needed the loo in a rush there are many toilets closer than that...it just does not stack up!!

No. What's being claimed is that the kit was put into the dressing room a day in advance of the team arriving on the Monday evening, and that that's when it happened.

Sounds feasible: Kit man needs to get full kit laid out in preparation for a big match, so he gets coach driver to take him to Amex with kit. Driver gives kit man a hand with carrying kit into changing rooms, but while kit man is laying out kit, the coach driver is approaching Dresden so has to use the facilities. Driver makes a mess of trap 2, but is too embarrassed to say anything on the assumption that a cleaner will sort it; however, following the delivery of the kit the changing room renames locked (as it's already been cleaned and for security) until the away team arrives in the evening.

What's most annoying is that this story was allowed to spiral until it became FACT that Charlie Oatway had laid out a big turd in the middle of the floor and then written 'Palace Scum' on the wall in excrement. Andy Orlandi was even asked by Chappers on 5 live about what he thought about someone having poo'd on the changing room floor in a preview programme of the following season!

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
The Palace camp must have known, soon after the game that night, who the culprit was, yet were happy to let the world think, and go on thinking, that one of ours was responsible.

Palace fans were also happy to believe that the Albion players accused of rape were guilty until proven guilty - witness that grotesque thread on BBS - but no apologies were forthcoming when the players were acquitted.

So, it transpires that Albion were innocent on both counts.

Add to these matters the spectacle of Gus Poyet's whining on the BBC that he had been sacked on live television, and the BBC's pandering to him for the sake of a good story. What do you know? It turns out that he was not sacked on live television, after all, yet, again, the Albion's name was sullied.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
To clarify my position on this: I have no issue with the result of the game (nor do most people I imagine: Palace won, unfortunately, fair & square). What I do have an issue with is a football club knowingly keeping quiet about something which, ultimately, one of their staff is responsible for, whilst a media binfest develops at the expense of the Albion. And they did know, as Glenn Murray was making off-the-record comments about it at the time. I'd heard that one, and was told in person by an Albion employee last year.

People get the shits occasionally, it can't be helped. Nobody would have been upset if they'd just said "Yep, sorry about that, an unfortunate accident which we will of course pay to clean up" (no need). But to wilfully permit the sort of national storm which ensued- shit on the walls, turds in the middle of the dressing room floor, shitty writing up the walls etc is downright shabby on Palace's behalf.

Yes, Palace fans, we get it. You're a Premier League club. But you're a shabby, small, poor excuse for one, with a strange sense of what's right & wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here