Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pervis Estupiñán - SIGNED - 5 YEAR CONTRACT

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
De zerbi is a student of bielsa. Bielsa completely ruined Leeds team and ran them into the ground.i hope the same is not happening to us.

Jimmy Grimble

2.0 at Betfair lay-betting us finishing top 6. Printing money, when you look at the vastly more expensive squads of stars in the PL eg Villa. In addition 12 clubs have a rest whilst we're in Europe.
Have you got a link for that on Betfair, please?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Lamptey has done brilliantly at LB since he came in

But he is unlikely to be able to play 90 mins twice a week for the next month. He won't get a break for the internationals, so we need some other cover there. So who? .......

Igor? Hmm ... a few wingers will be licking their lips.
Milner? Wingers will be positively salivating, if he were fit
Samuels? I don't know enough about him to comment, but the fact that he doesn't seem to be hammering on the door of the first team squad suggests to me, he's not close to this level yet.

So what to do?

Step forward, Solly March the left back, OK, OK, I don't claim this is ideal. I do claim this is our least worst option. Intelligent player, he has pace and tenacity, he's not played full back much, but he has played left wing back and done his defensive work diligently. He's a loss from the front line sure, but Adingra Fati etc, we can cope. Stick Solly in the backline

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Lamptey has done brilliantly at LB since he came in

But he is unlikely to be able to play 90 mins twice a week for the next month. He won't get a break for the internationals, so we need some other cover there. So who? .......

Igor? Hmm ... a few wingers will be licking their lips.
Milner? Wingers will be positively salivating, if he were fit
Samuels? I don't know enough about him to comment, but the fact that he doesn't seem to be hammering on the door of the first team squad suggests to me, he's not close to this level yet.

So what to do?

Step forward, Solly March the left back, OK, OK, I don't claim this is ideal. I do claim this is our least worst option. Intelligent player, he has pace and tenacity, he's not played full back much, but he has played left wing back and done his defensive work diligently. He's a loss from the front line sure, but Adingra Fati etc, we can cope. Stick Solly in the backline
Solly can play full/wing back.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Have you got a link for that on Betfair, please?

It’s now drifted slightly, others spotting the Estupinan bad news?

On Betfair Exchange, then EPL games > at the bottom More EPL > then All Markets and you’ll see lots of season outrights.

IMG_0700.png

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
De zerbi is a student of bielsa. Bielsa completely ruined Leeds team and ran them into the ground.i hope the same is not happening to us.
Ruined them by getting them promoted to the PL?

Yeah, OK then...

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Are you not familiar with Dwayne’s work?

Not good news at all about Pervis if not predictable. The lack of right and left back signings in the summer was a mystery.
So he's a Spence in Dwayne's clothing.

No its not good, essentially our squad from last year has been gutted, lost Ali Mac, Moises permanently, Enciso and Pervis for most of the season, Pascale is out, March is a worry and the cherry on top, RDZ looks stuffed. 😦

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Ruined them by getting them promoted to the PL?

Yeah, OK then...
He got them promoted , they had a decent first season and then they were completely wiped out .... strange injuries / players lethargic and battered at the start of games. He ran them into the ground in training and in games and it eventually killed them

Hopefully that's not us !!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
He got them promoted , they had a decent first season and then they were completely wiped out .... strange injuries / players lethargic and battered at the start of games. He ran them into the ground in training and in games and it eventually killed them

Hopefully that's not us !!
I think they were helped by a mid season covid break in their promotion season. The previous season they tailed off badly.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
So he's a Spence in Dwayne's clothing.

No its not good, essentially our squad from last year has been gutted, lost Ali Mac, Moises permanently, Enciso and Pervis for most of the season, Pascale is out, March is a worry and the cherry on top, RDZ looks stuffed. 😦
We haven't lost Pervis for most of the season. We have lost him for some tough fixtures coming up, however it could have been worse without the international break if he's back in a month.

Gross is back in contention for tonight but personally i'd be surprised to see him start.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
We haven't lost Pervis for most of the season. We have lost him for some tough fixtures coming up, however it could have been worse without the international break if he's back in a month.

Gross is back in contention for tonight but personally i'd be surprised to see him start.

Would rather see Gross saved for Liverpool if it's touch and go.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

I don’t trust De Zerbi’s guesses at how long a player will be out now. It’s always the worst case scenario. I was not expecting the legend Groß to start this evening, De Zerbi said after the international break. Hopefully his analysis of the time out we’ll see through Pervis’ muscle injury is similarly flawed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here