Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pervis Estupiñán - SIGNED - 5 YEAR CONTRACT

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Great that he got his 'second' goal for the Albion - and that this one wasn't over-ruled by a crap VAR decision!
And talking of VAR. I don't think I was out of my seat for any of our goals today and that was totally down to the existence of VAR.

Watching on TV, I was sure Enciso's goal was going to be called offside. Undav's was so odd I assumed it was and the commentator even said it. And I think the palace goal must have been on my mind when Perv scored.

One of our great performances, which I loved, but VAR had taken that moment of elation away as the ball hits the net.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
And talking of VAR. I don't think I was out of my seat for any of our goals today and that was totally down to the existence of VAR.

Watching on TV, I was sure Enciso's goal was going to be called offside. Undav's was so odd I assumed it was and the commentator even said it. And I think the palace goal must have been on my mind when Perv scored.

One of our great performances, which I loved, but VAR had taken that moment of elation away as the ball hits the net.
Couldn’t agree more.

I just wait until play restarts now…..

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Wasn’t at all like that for me yesterday - nor anyone else in the away end from what it felt like. Only possible VAR question that sprang to mind was on the first but that was after celebrating when the ref was checking on the injured player, but he clearly quickly told Dunk the goal was good as he turned and charged off towards the centre celebrating. The other two looked fine in real time. Watching the rerun, Neville instantly says ‘he’s onside’ when the ball drops to Undav for the second.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Wasn’t at all like that for me yesterday - nor anyone else in the away end from what it felt like. Only possible VAR question that sprang to mind was on the first but that was after celebrating when the ref was checking on the injured player, but he clearly quickly told Dunk the goal was good as he turned and charged off towards the centre celebrating. The other two looked fine in real time. Watching the rerun, Neville instantly says ‘he’s onside’ when the ball drops to Undav for the second.
That's the difference being there isn't it. You can take in so much more, not just the how the directors wants you to see.

I hate watching on TV and you must have unearthed why.

And well done for being so loud. Brighton away have been particularly loud this season.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That's the difference being there isn't it. You can take in so much more, not just the how the directors wants you to see.

I hate watching on TV and you must have unearthed why.

And well done for being so loud. Brighton away have been particularly loud this season.
Indeed….…does help me a lot when junior is there (as he was yesterday) as he watches the game very differently given his job - constant flow of very useful info !

We were as loud yesterday as I’ve ever heard us away I think, it was fantastic. Have heard and read a lot about the home fans at the Emirates being so much better this season but they were as flat and silent as usual yesterday.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Indeed….…does help me a lot when junior is there (as he was yesterday) as he watches the game very differently given his job - constant flow of very useful info !

We were as loud yesterday as I’ve ever heard us away I think, it was fantastic. Have heard and read a lot about the home fans at the Emirates being so much better this season but they were as flat and silent as usual yesterday.
And that terruible bloody drum. If you need an extra reson never to have a drum at the Amex, that is it!!

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
The PFA team of the year. Does Pervis have a chance of making it in?

Most of the team will be filled from Arsenal or Man City, but neither have a left back who has featured and played well all season. Nor do Man U.

Burn has done well for Newcastle, Henry for Brentford. But I think Pervis is as good a shout as anyone

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Funnily enough I was thinking the opposite.

He's probably our most underrated player. Lots of plaudits for Caicedo, Enciso, Mac, Mitoma, Solly and even Dunky. But hardly hear Pervis's name mentioned by media, pundits etc..

Very much part of our success under RDZ. Been nothing short of brilliant for us.
Seems to be a full back thing. The media never notice Veltman either

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

I was astonished at how the Emirates emptied towards the end of the game yesterday - a fact picked up by the TV coverage of the game!

Arse1.jpg

The ground was virtually empty before the final whistle went:-

Arse2.jpg

Awful, awful support for a team that has had an unexpectedly excellent season, even if they have come up short in the final reckoning.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Awful, awful support for a team that has had an unexpectedly excellent season, even if they have come up short in the final reckoning.

We've had an unexpectedly excellent season and the Amex was just as empty in the 96th minute of us getting whooped by Everton so lets not pretend we're any better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here