Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pervis Estupiñán - SIGNED - 5 YEAR CONTRACT

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
Are we getting ahead of ourselves and forgetting already this is how many teams end up in the shit when the wages start causing financial stress and wreck them when they get relegated?
I was just answering the question about how do smaller clubs stop big 6 teams taking their players. If you don’t pay salaries that are closer to those on offer elsewhere players will always want to leave if a better offer comes along.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I was just answering the question about how do smaller clubs stop big 6 teams taking their players. If you don’t pay salaries that are closer to those on offer elsewhere players will always want to leave if a better offer comes along.

They will still want to leave anyway.

Have you seen the wage bills of the likes of Chelsea etc?

We won't ever be paying that kind of ridiculous money on wages.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I doubt Liverpool have the money

Could well be an alternative focus from Lavia to make saints think about their offer on the table, however Chelsea in for Lavia now so hasn’t worked if this is the case!

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
We aren't. #Zeus is, it would seem.
Honestly, It’s not that difficult. I’m not saying we should pay those wages at all. I don’t think we should. There was a question about how do smaller clubs stop bigger clubs from constantly taking their talent. The answer is you have to pay players more money so that the financial rewards of the move are reduced. If not you have have to accept that players will always want to double their salaries if the opportunity arises. I’m happy with our approach, the poster asking the original question doesn’t seem to have come to terms with it.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
If Liverpool could afford the money it would take to get him, then they'd be far better off just paying us £100 million for Caicedo, which would instantly make them title challengers. But they can't.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
There are only a handful of clubs in the world that aren’t stepping stone clubs we need to accept that and carry on as we have been.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Chip paper news yesterday Purvis today Ensico wanted by Napoli tomorrow supporting a bag of chips

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Just off the chain. I was worried after his early yellow but my f***ing god. No better LWB in the PL.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here