This would be an exciting signing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
WHY are we focusing on NUMBER 2 priority when we should be focusing on number ONE priority!?!?!?

I agree. But there are currently ZERO rumours of our beloved recruitment army actually focussing on getting the vital striker deal over the line.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Does the recruitment team have to secure number one priority before moving on to number two priority?

God help us if they’re only capable of dealing with one priority at a time!

There is enough of them to maybe focus on more than one player simultaneously. But, so far, there are more heads of (3) than senior strikers on our books (2)!!

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
I agree. But there are currently ZERO rumours of our beloved recruitment army actually focussing on getting the vital striker deal over the line.

I wouldn’t worry about lack of rumours. The club are trying to bring a striker in. They also however constantly plan for every single position (including the manager’s role) in case they need to bring in replacements. Who know If the Martínez rumours are true but it wouldn’t surprise me if he, along with Cakir and others, are on a list of goalkeepers we are monitoring should we replace Ryan for whatever reason (perceived upgrade or big offer coming in for him).

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

F*k me you're boring.

Would you prefer our recruitment team to be making public statements about who we want to sign? Letting everyone see who we're trying to go for so teams with bigger transfer & wage budgets can come in and gazump us? Real smart move. :rolleyes:

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
I wouldn’t worry about lack of rumours. The club are trying to bring a striker in. They also however constantly plan for every single position (including the manager’s role) in case they need to bring in replacements. Who know If the Martínez rumours are true but it wouldn’t surprise me if he, along with Cakir and others, are on a list of goalkeepers we are monitoring should we replace Ryan for whatever reason (perceived upgrade or big offer coming in for him).

Also think Estupinan would be an amazing signing if we could get him...

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Now that’s how to cross a ball from deep...

But surely he hasn't yet learned that the correct procedure is to get yourself into a good deep crossing position, look up. ...... then turn around and smash it 60 yards back to Maty Ryan. Possession is the most important thing after all. He'll get there

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Naylor's tweet made me lose a lot of faith that we are getting anywhere with key signings.

However, there are rumours of us loaning out Gyökeres on top of this !

Let's get the striker in first before further depleting the options.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Does the recruitment team have to secure number one priority before moving on to number two priority?

God help us if they’re only capable of dealing with one priority at a time!

It was a sarcastic dig at BW2 who always seems to panic if we sign a player who is not the 'number one' priority at the time

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

God forbid they might be keeping their cards close to their chest!!! I'm not sure i heard a single Veltman rumour before it happened.

If it helps calm you, I'll start one.

Olivier Giroud.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
God forbid they might be keeping their cards close to their chest!!! I'm not sure i heard a single Veltman rumour before it happened.

If it helps calm you, I'll start one.

Olivier Giroud.

Yep - there was not one mention of Veltman anywhere. Here, the press etc - not one. And yet on the Dunk thread there were lots of people passing on inside info about his move to Chelsea. Paul Camlin said on Albion Roar there was never any contact etc etc and the ship thing was done months before and they wanted to give Dunk as much rest etc before games as he was playing a lot... Point is, it’s very rare anybody knows anything on transfers other than press reports and guesswork.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
There is enough of them to maybe focus on more than one player simultaneously. But, so far, there are more heads of (3) than senior strikers on our books (2)!!

they've only got one phone

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
they've only got one phone

Yep and 1 laptop and that’s usually just used for monitoring NSC and picking up any player names that might get put up... They don’t even have email addresses and the faxed offers keep not sending. Shambles.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here