Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Percy Tau

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Given that we are reported to have paid less than £3 million for him and his sale may return a small profit its not exactly the end of the world. It's a gamble that hasn't paid off but one that hasn't cost us anything. Not really embarrassing at all.

How to measure 'a gamble that hasn't paid off' without giving the player any kind of meaningful game time? :shrug:

Especially with the current regime of mediocre chancers doing the selection :dunce:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
How to measure 'a gamble that hasn't paid off' without giving the player any kind of meaningful game time? :shrug:

Whether or not he is good enough is up for debate I guess but quite clearly it hasnt "paid off" so far? Cant see how you could argue against that.

But as said previously, training sessions is a footballers day job. Do them well enough and they get rewarded with a chance to get involved in games. Dont and someone else gets the nod. There are 50-60 players in the allowed age (16+) in the club who havent got "meaningful game time" yet, do you suggest all of them get the chance in PL games to see if they're good enough or not (since training sessions apparently dont matter)?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Whether or not he is good enough is up for debate I guess but quite clearly it hasnt "paid off" so far? Cant see how you could argue against that.

But as said previously, training sessions is a footballers day job. Do them well enough and they get rewarded with a chance to get involved in games. Dont and someone else gets the nod. There are 50-60 players in the allowed age (16+) in the club who havent got "meaningful game time" yet, do you suggest all of them get the chance in PL games to see if they're good enough or not (since training sessions apparently dont matter)?

That's a little disingenuous.
He was named in the 25.- That's not comparable to the 25 other players who are eligible to play (but unlikely to).

I'm not arguing with your main point - just being pedantic.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
AFL is the best game in the land.

Aussie rules is the dumbest oval ball game by some margin. I tried to watch it when it was on channel 4 years back, but jesus christ everything about it is moronic, right down to that stupid arm thing the ref's do if someone scores

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Aussie rules is the dumbest oval ball game by some margin. I tried to watch it when it was on channel 4 years back, but jesus christ everything about it is moronic, right down to that stupid arm thing the ref's do if someone scores

I guess some of us like a bit of variety. Sometimes you need a bit more than watching a game with fat middle aged men singing shit songs in the stands while watching grown men fall over shadows and writhe in pain when someone almost touches them.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
There's a player in the South African under 23 side going to the Olympics called Sphephelo Sithole

Fantastic

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I guess some of us like a bit of variety. Sometimes you need a bit more than watching a game with fat middle aged men singing shit songs in the stands while watching grown men fall over shadows and writhe in pain when someone almost touches them.

This is a football forum. Remind us why you are here again?

Stumpy Tim

Ozzie Rules is the best live sport in Australia. It's actually really entertaining when you're there. I used to think like you until I lived in Oz and went to some games. It's worth watching for the punch ups alone

boik

I used to play football with an Aussie rules guys. Every time there was a corner he'd climb over everyone to get to the ball and then got angry when a free kick was given against him!!!

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I used to play football with an Aussie rules guys. Every time there was a corner he'd climb over everyone to get to the ball and then got angry when a free kick was given against him!!!

Did it look like this?

AFL+Rd+18+Essendon+v+Carlton+-LTv1F-QmAvx.jpg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Ozzie Rules is the best live sport in Australia. It's actually really entertaining when you're there. I used to think like you until I lived in Oz and went to some games. It's worth watching for the punch ups alone

And the comedy throw-ins - that are taken by the linesmen of all people :lol:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Could really do with going out on loan to the Championship for a season to see what he can do with an extended run of games. A club like Stoke City would be ideal IMHO. Time to point Percy at the Potteries

And yes, yes I will be disappointed with that effort :down:

It would be interesting to see obviously, but with just one year left on his contract I would guess the club would be more interested in selling him. New contract seems a bit unlikely at this point.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Interesting that Percy Tau has been refused permission by the Albion to play for SA at the Olympics, yet Ali Mac has been allowed to go. If Argentina go all the way, he won't be back much before the start of the season.
Not sure what this means for Percy and whether we are getting ready to offload him or not.
069a1392bd70bd3128d8277c4f77ff61.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
With Tau being refused permission by the club to play at the Olympics (while MacAllister got the okay) you would imagine he will either play a key part early season or be moved on permanently straight away. A loan seems most unlikely

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here