Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Percy Tau

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If true... and we've released Izzy. and AJ has made odd comments about leaving. It suggests a bit of an overhaul in that attacking mid area.

Way too many players in the team, obviously some need to go. Wont mean there will be a lot of signings but hopefully one or two.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Or maybe just needs some proper competitive match time to be able to be properly judged

I think it's reassuring the coaches can spot a **** player in training and put their foot down. No need to embarrass him and us with oodles of matchtime when he's never going to be at the required level

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Or maybe just needs some proper competitive match time to be able to be properly judged

Maybe the pilot student who constantly crashes his plane in simulator trainings needs to fly some Boeing 747 passenger flights to be able to be properly judged.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If true... and we've released Izzy. and AJ has made odd comments about leaving. It suggests a bit of an overhaul in that attacking mid area.

Not sure about that - looks more like moving on players we no longer have a place for in the squad.

Just suppose we kept Izzy, AJ and Percy, how many games do you think they would play next season between them? Double figures unlikely.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Not sure about that - looks more like moving on players we no longer have a place for in the squad.

Just suppose we kept Izzy, AJ and Percy, how many games do you think they would play next season between them? Double figures unlikely.

Well AJ made 21 league appearances himself, so if all 3 of those are leaving I think it would suggest someone is coming in.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think it's reassuring the coaches can spot a **** player in training and put their foot down. No need to embarrass him and us with oodles of matchtime when he's never going to be at the required level

Not half as embarrassing as the failure of TB's magic bean algorithms and/or recruitment team that flagged him up in the first place then :shrug:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Maybe the pilot student who constantly crashes his plane in simulator trainings needs to fly some Boeing 747 passenger flights to be able to be properly judged.

Or maybe question the recruitment process that led to the pilot student being given the gig in the first place :shrug:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Not half as embarrassing as the failure of TB's magic bean algorithms and/or recruitment team that flagged him up in the first place then :shrug:

Given the loan fees we’ve received plus selling him on for a good price we may end up in profit on the whole Percy Tau deal. So it wouldn’t be a business failure in that sense.

Though I agree it is odd the lad hasn’t been given a fair chance.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Not really our caper. Too soft a sport. Only our 4th rate athletes play it.

Ah I see, it shows.

I guess with time and the changing demographics of the population over time that will change.
Am I right in thinking that most people who support "football/soccer" teams in Oz are from, shall we say not enforced immigration such as Italians, Croatians, etc, not your bitter and twisted 4th generation Irish immigrant or 5th generation bread thief from Shoreditch ?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

One Bissouma, one Moder, one Mac Allister, one Percy Tau and one Jahanbakhsh - I think their account is well in credit.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Ah I see, it shows.

I guess with time and the changing demographics of the population over time that will change.
Am I right in thinking that most people who support "football/soccer" teams in Oz are from, shall we say not enforced immigration such as Italians, Croatians, etc, not your bitter and twisted 4th generation Irish immigrant or 5th generation bread thief from Shoreditch ?

Not so sure it will.

The Sudanese for example are starting to come through into AFL and Basketball in the greatest numbers. Indians are increasing in numbers and they aren't really into anything much but cricket.

They got rid of all the ethnic element from soccer clubs names as it was causing too much violence between the various clubs.

Most of the A-League teams have pretty mixed fan bases, just depends on the city they are based in though. Perth Glory was the most Brit ex pat team.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Not so sure it will.

The Sudanese for example are starting to come through into AFL and Basketball in the greatest numbers. Indians are increasing in numbers and they aren't really into anything much but cricket.

They got rid of all the ethnic element from soccer clubs names as it was causing too much violence between the various clubs.

Most of the A-League teams have pretty mixed fan bases, just depends on the city they are based in though. Perth Glory was the most Brit ex pat team.

I went to a Melbourne Victory game when we went there, I like the city and have a soft spot for them, although they seem to be surpassed by their newish neighbours (who were not formed when I went)

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Given that we are reported to have paid less than £3 million for him and his sale may return a small profit its not exactly the end of the world. It's a gamble that hasn't paid off but one that hasn't cost us anything. Not really embarrassing at all.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Given that we are reported to have paid less than £3 million for him and his sale may return a small profit its not exactly the end of the world. It's a gamble that hasn't paid off but one that hasn't cost us anything. Not really embarrassing at all.

I tend to agree. Plus loan fees, wages off our books etc... He's 27 and isn't featuring, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was on the way out but I also would be surprised if that price is correct too. He may not be good enough for us, but he did play at the top level in Belgium with decent success for 18 months. £3.5m in today's transfer world does seem a tad light

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here