[Football] Pep Guardiola

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Thought Man City were all classless tonight diving, moaning, diving, moaning, timewasting, moaning, diving etc etc

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
From the North Stand I didn't see what was happening on the benches, but I have to say City as a team are a bunch of VERY sore losers. Ederson is an amazing keeper - his distribution is incredible....but his time-wasting, which started around the 50th minute, was pathetic. Bernardo Silva is an exceptionally talented player - he doesn't need to spend half his time whining. Foden is wonderful, but likewise seemed to spend an awful lot of time moaning. Gundogan and Rodri similarly seemed to complain about virtually everything. Perhaps when you win all the time you just can't quite accept that another team can beat you. They play some great football, but they don't seem a particularly likeable bunch!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Take a look at his interview on the club website, he explains how he likes to keep a calm demeanour. Having a masters in emotional intelligence probably tells him that showing emotion is a sign of weakness.

Fans are there to do the celebrating, not the Manager. Once they lose control of their emotions, they’re only a cup final goal away from a dancing Pardew; I’m still disgusted by that mess of a man getting his groove on like he was in a Newcastle club trying it on with his players’ WAGs.

Post of the season.

Thank you.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can you imagine the scenes if Pepsi Max and his band of horrible little toadies had to deal with:-

This

image.jpg

Or this

images (1).jpeg

Or heaven forfend, this

images (2).jpeg

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Brighton boss Graham Potter speaking to BBC Sport about his disagreement with Pep Guardiola: "He was disappointed with me. I was over emotional with our first goal celebration. It wasn't good from me. I apologise. It was just emotion."

Potter can't celebrate emotionally with the season we've had??? Come off it, Pep and team

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
From the North Stand I didn't see what was happening on the benches, but I have to say City as a team are a bunch of VERY sore losers. Ederson is an amazing keeper - his distribution is incredible....but his time-wasting, which started around the 50th minute, was pathetic. Bernardo Silva is an exceptionally talented player - he doesn't need to spend half his time whining. Foden is wonderful, but likewise seemed to spend an awful lot of time moaning. Gundogan and Rodri similarly seemed to complain about virtually everything. Perhaps when you win all the time you just can't quite accept that another team can beat you. They play some great football, but they don't seem a particularly likeable bunch!

Edison was time wasting from the 30th minute, then the ref booked Sanchez FFS!

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Has anyone seen what actually happened? Potter apparently over-celebrated the 3rd? Was he celebrating in the direction of the City bench? If so what prompted him to?

Need answers still.

But I'm sure GP said the first?? Bizarre if it's bad form to celebrate after the season we've had

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
Potter can't celebrate emotionally with the season we've had??? Come off it, Pep and team

Reading into his apology, it seems like there must have been some gesture made, or something said, to the City bench for him to apologise like that, otherwise it was a bit strange to put out that statement. If it was just an over the top celebbration then it's weird for the City bench to get that annoyed at the full time whistle, or maybe they are just really bad losers.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
All things considered, I think Pep and Potter have been a bit silly but also been quite grown up when the dust has settled and the emotion of the game has dissipated. Both conducted their post match interviews with maturity. Fair play to them both.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
I reckon he lost it cos at the final whistle, Graham Potter advised him that if he was ever thinking of buying a property in Brighton, he was aware of a very nice 2 up, 3 down that was going

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports