Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Pep Guardiola

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Brighton boss Graham Potter speaking to BBC Sport about his disagreement with Pep Guardiola: "He was disappointed with me. I was over emotional with our first goal celebration. It wasn't good from me. I apologise. It was just emotion."

Over emotional ? OVER Emotional ? It's like Chris Hughton has been written out of football history :annoyed:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Brighton boss Graham Potter speaking to BBC Sport about his disagreement with Pep Guardiola: "He was disappointed with me. I was over emotional with our first goal celebration. It wasn't good from me. I apologise. It was just emotion."

Our Graham Loses It - 2020/21 edition

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008

Over emotional? Hypocrtical scumbag. Watch his celebrations V southampton when they won in the last minute twice in his first title winning season. Watch his celebrations when they scored that non-goal V spurs. There are others. Nice to think Potter was celebrating as I always find him too passive for me.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Anyone got a video of it?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
There's two conflicting reports

Naylor said it was the third goal and BBC says first.

Really really odd the whole thing.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Graham should apologise for apologising and tell pep to do one.

Potter can borrow my tin hat when we play them again next season.

He may need it:laugh:

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
[tweet]1394747575295643648[/tweet]

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"The first goal I was a bit emotional. It was not my finest hour and I have to apologise for that. It was not done with any intent towards anybody, it was an emotional response from me but it was not a good one".

Fair enough, sounds like he got a bit carried away. He's not a fan, he's a professional but its easy to get caught up in the moment. He's acknowledged it and apologised.

What I AM glad of is that GP didn't do a Hassenhutl, and collapse to the floor in the technical area in a snotty blubbing mess at Peps feet at the final whistle.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
"The first goal I was a bit emotional. It was not my finest hour and I have to apologise for that. It was not done with any intent towards anybody, it was an emotional response from me but it was not a good one".

Fair enough, sounds like he got a bit carried away. He's not a fan, he's a professional but its easy to get caught up in the moment. He's acknowledged it and apologised.

What I AM glad of is that GP didn't do a Hassenhutl, and collapse to the floor in the technical area blubbing in tears at Peps feet at the final whistle.

What did he do, an emphatic fist pump or something?

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
City lost their discipline tonight and Pep’s behaviour didn’t help.

He’s going to have to get a grip on himself and his team otherwise Chelsea could do them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What did he do, an emphatic fist pump or something?

Aspinall said that Potter went the length of his technical area and gave it big fist pumps at the City bench, although he seemed to suggest this was pretty much what the City bench had done for their goals.

By all accounts after the game whilst the interviews were going on, Albion sent out Bruno as some sort of peacemaker, but the City coaches weren't having it and had a right go at him (because of Potter's behaviour).

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Aspinall said that Potter went the length of his technical area and gave it big fist pumps at the City bench, although he seemed to suggest this was pretty much what the City bench had done for their goals.

By all accounts after the game whilst the interviews were going on, Albion sent out Bruno as some sort of peacemaker, but the City coaches weren't having it and had a right go at him (because of Potter's behaviour).

Entitled pricks is what they are. Dish it out but lose their shit when it goes against them.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
...in his interviews with BBC SCR, where he apologised, I think Potter also indicated that it was partly being pumped up by the crowd that led him to lose his shit.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can see who was at the game and who wasn’t. Some are falling for the act in front of the cameras here!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Absolutely laughable - bad losers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here