Koosh

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Dave,
Barnes,
Orlandi,
Hammond,
Calderon.

In that order. I would love Calderon to score the winner. And Vicente would have to go in there if playing. Probably for Barnes.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Yep - surprised this hasn't been done more often. While it hasn't, I reckon it'd be a great psychological ploy, even if the goalie you bring on isn't any better at pens than the #1.

I remember it happening in a play off final a few years back. If I remember correctly, a goal was scored after the substitution?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I actually think that the Luton one is the only one we've EVER lost. Won 5? Man City, Swindon, Woking, Wrexham and a JPT one against someone.

We lost to sudbury town(or maybe canvey island) in the f.a cup at the Goldstone circa 95. Around the same time we also lost to Fulham, in the f.a cup again, I think, also at the Goldstone.

On the pnalty taking front why are so many people putting Bridcutt forward? We've had loads of penalty takers under Gus, missed plenty, yet he's not ever taken one as far as I'm aware. Same with Bridge and Calderon. What's the reasoning?

I'd go:

Vicente
Spanish D
Orlandi
Barnes
Hammond.

Not necessarily in that order. I also like the idea of bringing Brez on seconds before the final whistle.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I actually think that the Luton one is the only one we've EVER lost. Won 5? Man City, Swindon, Woking, Wrexham and a JPT one against someone.

Also lost on penalties against Gillingham in 1987/88.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Imagine if I told you then that in under 3 years time we will be pushing for the Premier League with the highest attendance in the Championship at our award winning stadium. Think you would have just laughed in my face.

I know what you mean, BUT! ever since the war years I've been a firm believer that if as a club, things get done right, you'll go far. It's one reason I think we punched above our weight at Withdean. I always thought, as soon as we got Falmer we would be away, and although 3 years is mightily quick, am not massively surprised.

I didn't expect the attendances to be so good though. Was thinking more 15,000-20,000 TBH

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
I know what you mean, BUT! ever since the war years I've been a firm believer that if as a club, things get done right, you'll go far. It's one reason I think we punched above our weight at Withdean. I always thought, as soon as we got Falmer we would be away, and although 3 years is mightily quick, am not massively surprised.

I didn't expect the attendances to be so good though. Was thinking more 15,000-20,000 TBH

That's a good point. We are lucky Bloom has done what he has. I bet even he didn't expect 28,000 regularly at the AMEX. Amazing times. I wonder where will be in the next 3 years. Europe anyone... :jester:

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
That's a good point. We are lucky Bloom has done what he has. I bet even he didn't expect 28,000 regularly at the AMEX. Amazing times. I wonder where will be in the next 3 years. Europe anyone... :jester:

:)

We will see. A Swansea/Birmingham/Stoke is no way beyond us.

As it is, life in the Championship is pretty sweet. Just wish I was there to enjoy it 'in the flesh' more than once a year.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
If you're English then you are NOT having one.

I'd sub on Tarrico (is he still signed on as a player?) right at the end and have my order as:

Vicente
Dave
Calde/Bruno
Ulloa
Orlandi

Then in sudden death Tarrico steps up and slots home.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
We lost to sudbury town(or maybe canvey island) in the f.a cup at the Goldstone circa 95. Around the same time we also lost to Fulham, in the f.a cup again, I think, also at the Goldstone.

On the pnalty taking front why are so many people putting Bridcutt forward? We've had loads of penalty takers under Gus, missed plenty, yet he's not ever taken one as far as I'm aware. Same with Bridge and Calderon. What's the reasoning?

I'd go:

Vicente
Spanish D
Orlandi
Barnes
Hammond.

Not necessarily in that order. I also like the idea of bringing Brez on seconds before the final whistle.

Bridcutt scored a very classy penalty in the shootout v Woking I think it was. Plus he is a very calm player so you would imagine would cope better with pressure than others.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Spanish Dave
Vicente
Orlandi
Ulloa - won't F up another one.
Greer - captain, experienced, will step up under pressure.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Bridcutt scored a very classy penalty in the shootout v Woking I think it was. Plus he is a very calm player so you would imagine would cope better with pressure than others.

Bridcutt wasn't in the Squad. Muzza, Spazz and Baz scored for us, Battiepaedi managed to rebound the ball back to the halfway line off the crossbar.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
Lopez
Spanish Dave
Dave
David
Oh and David Lopez.

need to invest in one of these and a few variations thereof....?

disguise.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here