• Penalty all day long

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • No way José

Votes: 84 97.7%

• Total voters

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
In this day and age, I'm not surprised it was given. But it's never one for me (Clive).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Which side would be the worst affected if you swapped our government officials and refereeing officials around?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
In this day and age, I'm not surprised it was given. But it's never one for me (Clive).
Pretty sure in any day and age if there’s no contact and the player dives it shouldn’t be given!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Nope, not even close

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Don't doubt your instincts, it's nothing about 'this day and age', it's a clear dive and terrible decision

Pretty sure in any day and age if there’s no contact and the player dives it shouldn’t be given!
Eh? I'm saying that these sorts of things are given now when they wouldn't have been years ago. Refs are conned more often and VAR is more trouble than its worth.

And yes, it's clearly a shocker.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Eh? I'm saying that these sorts of things are given now when they wouldn't have been years ago.

Which suggests that it's correct to give them now, because the rules have changed.

Indeed the rules have changed, so things that would be a yellow or red now, may not have been in the past. But that's not what's happened here (as you acknowledge). That would have been given in the past too, because the ref could have missed that it was dive then too. In this day and age, that should be given as a dive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here