Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pearson gone ??

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/leicester-city-confirms-nigel-pearsons-position-2256316.aspx

Leicester City Football Club would like to clarify its position relative to its manager, Nigel Pearson.

Contrary to media speculation on Sunday evening, Nigel remains the Club’s First Team Manager. Reports to the contrary are inaccurate and without foundation.

Nigel, his staff and the first team squad are entirely focused on Tuesday night’s trip to Arsenal and our continued efforts to secure our position in the Barclays Premier League.​
Pointless 2nd paragraph. Were we thinking they had not thought about the Arsenal game and have no intention of trying to stay up?

Jimmy Grimble

He has the voice of an electric toothbrush running constantly on 22% power. I can't bear to listen to his emotionless dull hum.

That is an amazing description :lolol:

I can now picture the vibrating head of a toothbrush on top of Pearson's body.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I've only seen low-res footage, but it looks to me as if Pearson and the player are laughing.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There are some reports saying that members of his staff had been informed of his sacking, hence the leak, but the club then changed their minds and backtracked. Now of course they're claiming its all a non-story, but I'm inclined to think theres no smoke without fire.

If they wanted to sack him, they could do it due to the league position easily enough, they don't need to hang it on Saturdays strange incident - unless they're wanting to term is as "gross misconduct" so they can weasel out of paying him off (sounds quite familiar). In which case he would surely have a case for wrongful dismissal there. But the owners are billionaires, I can't see them wanting or needing to get involved in a messy, drawn out and distracting process like that just to save a few hundred grand.

McArthur apparently said something that must've got under Pearsons skin to cause that reaction, but it was all just a bit bemusing. Not what you'd call a violent incident, nothing like Pardews headbutt at Hull, just a bit odd...no way could Leicester reasonably sack him over that. I'd be amazed if the FA got involved, in fact unless the referee included the incident in his report, I very much doubt they will.

Certainly looks like he's on borrowed time now though.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I hate to defend Palace but it really looks like McArthur did absolutely nothing wrong there at all, the fall into Pearson was unavoidable and then he seems intent on trying to get away. Pearson sure seems an angry man.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I hate to defend Palace but it really looks like McArthur did absolutely nothing wrong there at all, the fall into Pearson was unavoidable and then he seems intent on trying to get away. Pearson sure seems an angry man.

Can only speculate, but McArthur probably said something snide. Pearson was a bit of a wally and I expect he regrets his reaction, but its all getting a bit blown out of proportion IMO.

AmexGold

Banned
Apr 22, 2014
Can only speculate, but McArthur probably said something snide. Pearson was a bit of a wally and I expect he regrets his reaction, but its all getting a bit blown out of proportion IMO.

Because its Palace, he must have said something snide? What about Pearson is a fruit loop and he's still sore that he didn't get McArthur in the summer? I thought his MoTD interview was worse.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I thought the Palace player handled it very well, most players would have started fighting to get away, having been grabbed around the throat and then having some **** holding onto their shirt. Pearson appears to have lost it, only a matter of time before he is shown the door.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Looked to me like something McArthur said turned it a bit ugly too. Quite like Pearson to be honest, even though he probably spends far too long grooming his hair.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Because its Palace, he must have said something snide? What about Pearson is a fruit loop and he's still sore that he didn't get McArthur in the summer? I thought his MoTD interview was worse.

No, not "because its Palace" at all, I'm just giving an opinion based on how I saw the incident play out. Initially it seemed good natured enough, but Pearson took it a bit too far putting his hands on his throat, McArther got pissed off with that and possibly said something which got under Pearsons skin, who then acted like a complete tool by hanging onto his shirt.

Playground stuff really, its astonishing how some fully grown adults conduct themselves on or around a football pitch.

AmexGold

Banned
Apr 22, 2014
No, not "because its Palace" at all, I'm just giving an opinion based on how I saw the incident play out. Initially it seemed good natured enough, but Pearson took it a bit too far putting his hands on his throat, McArther got pissed off with that and possibly said something which got under Pearsons skin, who then acted like a complete tool by hanging onto his shirt.

Playground stuff really, its astonishing how some fully grown adults conduct themselves on or around a football pitch.

Fair enough - I watched it pretty closely and didn't think McArthur said much until Pearson had his shirt, 'ie please let go of my shirt as your mob is just about to score'. Pearson seems on the edge, but we can't take the moral high ground with Pardew in the other technical area.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Pearson tried to sign McArthur in the summer but he went to Palace instead so McArthur clattering into Pearson in the technical area might not seem so unintentional as at first thought.

Behave. There is no way McArthur deliberately crashed into Pearson. He might have said something after the incident though.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Fair enough - I watched it pretty closely and didn't think McArthur said much until Pearson had his shirt, 'ie please let go of my shirt as your mob is just about to score'. Pearson seems on the edge, but we can't take the moral high ground with Pardew in the other technical area.[/QUOTE]

Yep, Pardew would have headbutted him.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Pearson gone ? Gone in the bleeding heed

Here's what JM said:

"He says it was only a joke. I did not know that at the time but he said it was a joke so I will take it that way and move on," McArthur says.
"There is nothing in it in my part. I am not bothered by it. You have heated moments in football. Emotions are high. It is not something that is going to play on my mind."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here