Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peacehaven

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Hilarious, a pop at my spelling, well done, I also enjoyed the one where some smart arse on a thread about Rememberence Sunday thought it was clever to make a joke simply because some poor sod spelt 'poppy reef' instead of 'poppy wreath'.

Not a pop at the spelling as i have only noticed that now you have pointed that out.
I have no clue who she is.

I never point out spelling mistakes as i am crap at spelling myself also i am not Doug Deep!!

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Peacehaven is absolutely fine.

People forget that there are some lovely properties especially on the clifftop side and the 'country' north of the town, some lovely stuff.

It is a town primarily made up of tradesman, so white van man is prevalent :)

It has everything you need, some great takeaways and a couple of good pubs, if you prefer your pubs more conservative then the Telscombe Tavern or the Smugglers rest offers a pub with 'Ambience' ( said in a Micky Flanagan voice ) whilst all the other pubs are a little bit more 'spit and sawdust' stuff, but all serving a decent pint with good people.

More interestingly it has a couple of quirky old time drinking clubs from a different time, Central Club just next to Ladbrokes is popular as is Bells Club both will offer old school hospitality.

Its next to Saltdean, Rottingdean and Brighton, whats there not to like ??

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
The Meridian line runs through Peacehaven, so at least you know your watch is bang on!

Moved here from Portslade 5 years ago, one crap hole to another!

If you have kids there's a great coffee shop just opened on the coast road that is child friendly with toys etc. nice place to grab a cuppa.

Finally worth popping into a Peacehaven game. Beer in the terraces and good chat with locals makes nice change from the sterile theatre up at the Amex!

Who needs a world class stadium, when you can go to watch Peacehaven vs Fishersgate and have a chat with your neighbours. It's surely all anyone wants from a football game?!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Peacehaven is absolutely fine.

People forget that there are some lovely properties especially on the clifftop side and the 'country' north of the town, some lovely stuff.

It is a town primarily made up of tradesman, so white van man is prevalent :)

It has everything you need, some great takeaways and a couple of good pubs, if you prefer your pubs more conservative then the Telscombe Tavern or the Smugglers rest offers a pub with 'Ambience' ( said in a Micky Flanagan voice ) whilst all the other pubs are a little bit more 'spit and sawdust' stuff, but all serving a decent pint with good people.

More interestingly it has a couple of quirky old time drinking clubs from a different time, Central Club just next to Ladbrokes is popular as is Bells Club both will offer old school hospitality.

Its next to Saltdean, Rottingdean and Brighton, whats there not to like ??

A town made up of tradesmen????
All the decent plumbers come from Newhaven, there is one in particular that is a big BHA fan, has a white van and is a bloody nice bloke!:whistle:

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
peacehaven is a great club. funny was just talking about donny martin earlier, anyone local will remember him and gerry green.

I'm going to suggest that the local derby is actually Lewes, Eastbourne, Worthing etc.

oh well thank you so much for that, I thought little ol Peacehaven were playing Fishersgate (or perhaps Bishopstone or Hammerpot United even). I'm very pleased that you are enjoying the 'World Class' facilities at Falmer while you look down your nose at the 63 of us that follow their local team, It's a good job we didn't take your attitude when 1200 of us (who were effectively neighbours) were freezing our arses off at Gillingham, watching teams struggle to put a pass together. if we* hadn't endured that there'd be no team to play at Falmer, so you'd have to get a ST at Chelsea (if you haven't already got one)

*not after any medals here, just reminding some that most of us had to make do with non league facilities for many years and it didn't do us any harm

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here