Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peacehaven

love the abuse, especially from those that have chosen to live in Newhaven or Shoreham, but hey carry on.

lovely quiet town with a very low crime rate, friendly pubs, Telscombe Tavern now has a late licence and a youngish crowd, my mates coffee shop now does tapas in the evenings and sells beer and wine, The Carvery will sell you 4000 calories worth of egg bacon and sausage for £3.99, The CoOp employs Britains best looking West Ham fan, Plenty of parks for the kids, there's an all night garage with the worlds most expensive petrol although you can fill your tractor up for 99p litre. and a football team TOP OF THE RYMAN south, make sure you pay a visit

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
When did I say I know nothing about the area? If I implied it that was accidental. I just wanted to know if there was anything worth knowing.

Already think I may head up to the football club for a match at some point.
If you need any plumbing advice when you move in please feel free to ask me, i live at the Peacehaven end of Newhaven and do lots of work in Peacehaven.

One good thing about living out this way is the quick train journey from Newhaven to the Amex.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
love the abuse, especially from those that have chosen to live in Newhaven or Shoreham, but hey carry on.

lovely quiet town with a very low crime rate, friendly pubs, Telscombe Tavern now has a late licence and a youngish crowd, my mates coffee shop now does tapas in the evenings and sells beer and wine, The Carvery will sell you 4000 calories worth of egg bacon and sausage for £3.99, The CoOp employs Britains best looking West Ham fan, Plenty of parks for the kids, there's an all night garage with the worlds most expensive petrol although you can fill your tractor up for 99p litre. and a football team TOP OF THE RYMAN south, make sure you pay a visit

I knew you would be along to fly the flag for Peacehaven and the local team!!:rolleyes:
Whats this about the Hammers fan in the Co-Op?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Now that's just silly. I've lived in both. The problems with both Newhaven and Peacehaven are that they have no heart, nothing that resembles a shopping centre and no decent pubs or restaurants. Seaford has a great unspoilt seafront too.

Have you been in every pub and restaurant in Newhaven this year?
The Hope pub is very good, plus 2 very good Italian restaurants.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
My great aunt named peacehaven, she won a competition in a magazine for the best name for the new dwellings for returning soldiers, I think there is an Elisabeth Avenue named after her, hope this helps....

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
My great aunt named peacehaven, she won a competition in a magazine for the best name for the new dwellings for returning soldiers, I think there is an Elisabeth Avenue named after her, hope this helps....

I dont think there is an Elizabeth Av in Peacehaven, there is a Dorothy Av,an Edith Av and a Phyllis Av, if this helps.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905

No Elizabeth Avenue. There are however avenues called Phyllis, Edith, Dorothy, Victoria and Gladys which I believe were all named after members of the developer, Charles Nevill's family or people he knew.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
No Elizabeth Avenue. There are however avenues called Phyllis, Edith, Dorothy, Victoria and Gladys which I believe were all named after members of the developer, Charles Nevill's family or people he knew.

Will be on the phone to the elders to clarifiy this, won't be happy if this was a wind up!
I know she wasn't local, maybe midlands.....

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
Having fought for four years and survived the horrors such as Passhendale,Ypres and The Somme you return home to a bungalow in Peacehaven,F##K me life can be cruel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here