Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PCC Katy Bourne

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I'm impressed by the fact that her website talks about her contribution to the community, by being a governor of "two Sussex Schools". Only one of them is mentioned by name - Oriel High School, in Crawley. The one she doesn't name is ... Roedean.

Good point, guilty by omission of misleading the public straightaway & together with the 'Katy & Kevin' moniker which sounds like an over eager contestant couple from a 70s rerun of 'Mr & Mrs' rather than Society Heavyweights, doesn't bode well

Dunk

Jul 27, 2011
Lewes
I couldn't find any mention of Brighton- I wonder if she is a supporter of Crawley on their forum. Not voting Tory and the Lib-Dems have not been good for us, it's a shame Prescott isn't standing here as he at least helped us once.

I guess a low predicted turnout means a few hundred votes might make a difference so worth trying this type of vote-begging tactic.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I couldn't find any mention of Brighton- I wonder if she is a supporter of Crawley on their forum. Not voting Tory and the Lib-Dems have not been good for us, it's a shame Prescott isn't standing here as he at least helped us once.

I guess a low predicted turnout means a few hundred votes might make a difference so worth trying this type of vote-begging tactic.

Ohhhhh ....... now I like THAT idea !!!! NSC is good at rigging online votes - lets do a proper live polling station one ! If we pick the worst, most ridiculous candidate and all go and vote for them - what fun.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I must say I do follow politics but this whole thing has passed me by a little bit.

I can see that the criteria clearly doesn't require any prior involvement directly with the police, and seems to involve various facets of being an upstanding member of the community (a bit like becoming a magistrate or something).

Could we have put forward a candidate (Seagulls Party style) with the sole intention of keeping as many games as possible 3pm Saturday kick offs?

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Mesuspects someone underestimates the Seagull-eye of the Sussex football fan online.
Let's say it didn't go swimmingly!
This was a poor spam for the vote eh?

Not everyone loves a Ms Tory :D

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Why do we have to have politicians as candidates? They've got the country into a big enough mess as it is and their record locally is hardly impressive. This whole thing seems like an overpaid job for one of the good loyal boys (or girls)! If we have to have Police Commissioners they should be totally independent.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
You don't think this was posted by our new esteemed managing director chap, barber do you?

Why do we have to have politicians as candidates? They've got the country into a big enough mess as it is and their record locally is hardly impressive. This whole thing seems like an overpaid job for one of the good loyal boys (or girls)! If we have to have Police Commissioners they should be totally independent.

This. But I can see no reason why we have to Police Commissioners (and pay for them!!) instead of the wider public representation provided by the present system.
Will probably have to vote for 'none of these'.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
The politicization of the police force, great. Have political parties in local government is bad enough. Katy won't be serving the people's interests, she'll be using this push a conservative agenda prepping her for parliamentary elections which happen to be in a few years time.

Oh, and you're Conservative. Won't get my vote.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
The politicization of the police force, great. Have political parties in local government is bad enough. Katy won't be serving the people's interests, she'll be using this push a conservative agenda prepping her for parliamentary elections which happen to be in a few years time.

Oh, and you're Conservative. Won't get my vote.

I with you, there should be no political parties involved in the election of a Police Commissioner, every candidate should be independent, we've got enough bloody politicians screwing things up.

I would however disagree with you on not voting for someone just because of their political affiliation, are you saying that even if the Labour or Lib Dem candidates are absolute tosh you'd still vote for one of them just because they aren't Conservative, surely you want the best candidate who ever they are.

I with you, there should be no political parties involved in the election of a Police Commissioner, every candidate should be independent, we've got enough bloody politicians screwing things up.

I would however disagree with you on not voting for someone just because of their political affiliation, are you saying that even if the Labour or Lib Dem candidates are absolute tosh you'd still vote for one of them just because they aren't Conservative, surely you want the best candidate who ever they are.
Godfrey Daniel, the Labour candidate, has years of experience as a member of the Sussex Police Authority (and as a magistrate), as well as many years as a local councillor in Hastings and on East Sussex County Council. And he's a good bloke, too.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Godfrey Daniel, the Labour candidate, has years of experience as a member of the Sussex Police Authority (and as a magistrate), as well as many years as a local councillor in Hastings and on East Sussex County Council. And he's a good bloke, too.

I think it all depends who is going to treat the abducting teacher worse eg Tory may jail him LibDem may brand him UKIP may castrate him. This issue is sadly what the Sussex Big Pig election will be fought over :(

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Football and Politics should never, ever, ever, EVER be associated directly!

And I most certainly do not want to know that my beloved Albion is associated with the f***ing Tories!
Some Albion fans would hate it if we supported a Labour candidate.
Others, Lib Dem and so on.

I don't like the sound of her, especially as she has supported police cut backs by the government. I want Sussex to be safe. Safe means policemen and policewomen patrolling the streets not on their bloody desks and not when they've been told not to come in tomorrow because they've lost their job.

That's my thought on her and still remain sceptical. I'm 19 years-old and would love to vote in this but I am still not sure who is right for our beloved county!

Edna , I would find your input on who I should vote for invaluable, especially since most of the candidates would appear to have little idea of what they would be able to do if elected.
How good are the leading candidates for Sussex Police Crime Commissioner? | Scrapper Duncan

Hi Katy :wave:

Nice of you to join us. I notice from your website that you plan to put a special constable in every village to "reconnect the public with their local bobby".

Can I ask- and I like to think I have a pretty good perspective here- how you think someone who works a shift or two per month on a voluntary basis is possibly going to reconnect anybody at all, let alone an entire village, or whether that particular idea was just a randomly generated soundbite designed to win votes?

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost

I wouldn't trust Labour or even Libdem with a vote on policing. However, as soon as the Conservative tree is pasted everywhere, then I steer well away from it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here