Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paul Winstanley joins Chelsea as Director of Global Talent and Transfers

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
It was quite refreshing to hear Michael Beale talk today about the Wolves offer. Main points he had signed players and convinced them to join because of his vision was it fair just to ditch them.
QPR had given him a chance he respected that.
The project there is not finished and believes in himself that another opportunity to manage in the PL will come with or without rangers.
Given QPR's position in the Championship you'd hope he would be backing himself to manage in the Premier League soon.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
He’s only been there since August. And QPR are 21st in the ‘pyramid’ - Wolves are 19th.
Wolves have far better players
Certainly refreshing. But the cynical part of me thinks that if it had been more money and a club a bit higher in the league…
its only been 10 games Wolves aren’t a bad side they have some quality players to early to even think about final positions.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Wolves have far better players

its only been 10 games Wolves aren’t a bad side they have some quality players to early to even think about final positions.
I don’t think it was difficult for him to turn down Wolves though. He’s only managed 16 games ever ! If he went to Wolves and it didn’t work out would have set him back years.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

You really are an argumentative know all fecker
Wolves approached QPR to talk to him, which he turned down. Villa never did so nothing was out of respect of Gerrard.

You’ve literally quoted an article with quotes from Beale and he doesn’t even mention Gerrard 🤷🏻‍♂️

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Whilst not defending it, I really don't think it's massively different to us taking Potter, Reid, Hamberg and Reid from Swansea in one go.

When Potter moved to us, Bruno and Roberts became integrated into that coaching unit, in the same way that Gus Poyet picked up Charlie Oatway when he moved to the Albion, taking him away with him when he left.

Coaching is very much a team game, with head coach/managers often sticking with their tried-and-trusted team and moving them from club to club.

Regardless, I can't wait for the panto-style booing, hissing and "he's behind you"-ing on Saturday, Bring it on!
Potter +2 did not almost dismantle Swansea's entire coaching staff. And we didn't go back to poach their recruitment team. And we didn't do it in the middle of the season, it was all done within a couple of weeks of the season having ended. I think thats a big difference, but its all a matter of opinion.

I wish I could move on, and to an extent I had until this Winstanley thing broke this afternoon. Now it RANKLES

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Wolves approached QPR to talk to him, which he turned down. Villa never did so nothing was out of respect of Gerrard.

You’ve literally quoted an article with quotes from Beale and he doesn’t even mention Gerrard 🤷🏻‍♂️
So Gerrard wasn’t one of the two outstanding managers he was talking about?

He was wrong about outstanding though, imo

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Strange post. Best manager we've ever had, and never thought I'd say that as a staunch Mullery fan.
Yes, I agree - best we've had, but to be bitterly disappointed/resentful at the manner and speed of his departure, and the ripping bits from our team, at the same time, are not mutually exclusive.
Best manager - bit of a shit.
I hope the players are fired-up for this one, as it would be so very, very sweet to beat them this week.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
You just don’t get it, why would you? You have zero allegiance to a football club, you are not a football fan, you are a fan of football, so you can look at it without any feeling :shrug:
Oh yeah I get it.

Brighton fans want to treat the manager and players like shit, while demanding that the managers and players treat them those very same fans as if they are are Gods gift to mankind.

I got it around that Sheffield Wednesday game in GP season 1. Booing Dale Stephens, 200+ games for Brighton, when he had the ball. You might think those things happen everywhere... They don't.

Letters/programme notes from the owner and the CEO in early 2020 pretty much saying "could you please try to support the team?". Only a couple of weeks ago Dunk said in an interview, after a game, that he'd like the Brighton fans to be more patient when playing out the back. And we all remember Grahams comments from Leeds. Little more than three years and the owner, CEO, manager and club captain all had to go out and beg the fans to support the teams in times when things go not so well. It doesn't happen everywhere.

Burn, Ashworth, Maupay, Bissouma, Cucurella, GP, the other coaches, maybe Winstanley... none of them could wait to pack their bags at the first best opportunity. All of them kind of saying; "I'd like to thank the chairman, the gaffer, my teammates for this... oh yeah, the fans as well umm... for this great time". And now booing the team in the second home game of the new manager. Yes, there's split opinions on what was actually booed: the ref? Nottingham? the team? Regardless, If you don't know what you were booing then how should RDZ know?

Treat people like shit and then hope they'll treat you like saints, over and over again. Good luck with that. Must be incredibly annoying for the parts of the fans who are actually sensible, and for Tony Bloom, that the progress of the club is held back by unsupportive entitled people in the stands.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Thought you were a firm part of the "Naylor knows everything" gang?
You’ll be the sole NSC’er hoping for a Chavski win against us. Then posting with faux humility, so that the majority don’t tell you to f*** off.

You worship a man, with a transient interest in us. We adore the club.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Oh yeah I get it.
Letters/programme notes from the owner and the CEO in early 2020 pretty much saying "could you please try to support the team?". Only a couple of weeks ago Dunk said in an interview, after a game, that he'd like the Brighton fans to be more patient when playing out the back. And we all remember Grahams comments from Leeds. Little more than three years and the owner, CEO, manager and club captain all had to go out and beg the fans to support the teams in times when things go not so well. It doesn't happen everywhere.
don’t forget both Dunk & Sanchez telling the crowd to calm down and stop telling them to hoof it up the pitch at the Spurs game too 🙃

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
You’ll be the sole NSC’er hoping for a Chavski win against us. Then posting with faux humility, so that the majority don’t tell you to f*** off.

You worship a man, with a transient interest in us. We adore the club.
I want the underdog to win. I would definitely prefer a Brighton win. GP can go on and win titles without winning in Brighton.

Best scenario is if Chelsea lead with 0-1 with five minutes left so that the half of you who have went home in order to hope to catch the Liverpool game don't get to see Trossards injury time brace.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Oh yeah I get it.

Brighton fans want to treat the manager and players like shit, while demanding that the managers and players treat them those very same fans as if they are are Gods gift to mankind.

I got it around that Sheffield Wednesday game in GP season 1. Booing Dale Stephens, 200+ games for Brighton, when he had the ball. You might think those things happen everywhere... They don't.

Burn, Ashworth, Maupay, Bissouma, Cucurella, GP, the other coaches, maybe Winstanley... none of them could wait to pack their bags at the first best opportunity. All of them kind of saying; "I'd like to thank the chairman, the gaffer, my teammates for this... oh yeah, the fans as well umm... for this great time". And now booing the team in the second home game of the new manager. Yes, there's split opinions on what was actually booed: the ref? Nottingham? the team? Regardless, If you don't know what you were booing then how should RDZ know?

Treat people like shit and then hope they'll treat you like saints, over and over again. Good luck with that. Must be incredibly annoying for the parts of the fans who are actually sensible, and for Tony Bloom, that the progress of the club is held back by unsupportive entitled people in the stands.
So a TINY number of loud idiot fans tar every fan? You have never been to a Brighton game, you have only watched on TV. I have done both and depending on where the mikes are you can surmise that the whole crowd is booing when watching on tv, when it is a very small minority. As I say you will never understand. Try going to games…maybe arrange a trip to London :wink:

Brighton fans treat players and the manager like shit? What a crock of shit

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
I don't recall us ever, within the space of a few weeks *mid-season* stripping a smaller club of their manager PLUS their entire backroom team, PLUS their recruitment team.

You'd have to remind me when that happened.
I'll forgive the poetic license and drama because its you.
Ultimately I'm a dull, logical, pragmatist.
I just see this all as a by product of our success and see it as something that allows us to continually challenge ourselves, keep us fresh and dynamic. It means those with the financial clout to make decisions in the interest of their club can do so (to our detriment) but to their cost. It wasn't so long ago that many here were advocating for us to go after Knudsen and Potter and his team were being vilified, yes, I'll take the £21m, thanks.

I'm sure we'll have learnt from this and put stronger provision in contracts but the reality is as a club we don't stand in the way of the opportunity to develop your career. The key thing is to continue to look to strengthen the club. For example, Mac Allister signing is great news but if anyone thinks there isn't a good release clause in his contract which means we'll be saying goodbye when the money comes calling, then they are naive.

Prepare to be disappointed, or look at these things as opportunities and enjoy people whilst they're here. I know where my head is at and how I see the world.
I'm sorry that doesn't fit the narrative of Chelsea and Hove Albion but meh.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I want the underdog to win. I would definitely prefer a Brighton win. GP can go on and win titles without winning in Brighton.

Best scenario is if Chelsea lead with 0-1 with five minutes left so that the half of you who have went home in order to hope to catch the Liverpool game don't get to see Trossards injury time brace.
You really have become a bit snide, here, since GP left. Is it because you can feel a bit safer in the knowledge that you're still here, rather than be booted off the Chelsea forum within days of your nonsense?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Oh yeah I get it.

You know what, I have enjoyed your posts but maybe it's just time for you to leave. That post was pretty poor. You are judging the fans through the actions of a minority and that's witless. You also, as others have said are not a fan and so do not understand the nature of the relationship. It's like being in a family. But in this case, the wife has gone and set up home with the bloke across the road who has a bigger house and a better car. Oh and she's taken all the kids with her too.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
So a TINY number of loud idiot fans tar every fan? You have never been to a Brighton game, you have only watched on TV. I have done both and depending on where the mikes are you can surmise that the whole crowd is booing, when it is a very small minority. As I say you will never understand. Try going to games…
Of course not the whole crowd is booing... fat chance you'd all be able to harmonize like that :cool:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here