Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Don't get this thing with Paul Weller.

Other than the odd one or two, he has to be the most boring singer/songwriter this country has ever produced and continuously lives off his success with the Jam and the Stanley Road LP.

As for him being called the "mod father" why? Is it because he dresses in a Parker jacket and has a haircut that was "cool" around 30 years ago?

Dandyman

In London village.

Other than the odd one or two, he has to be the most boring singer/songwriter this country has ever produced and continuously lives off his success with the Jam and the Stanley Road LP.

As for him being called the "mod father" why? Is it because he dresses in a Parker jacket and has a haircut that was "cool" around 30 years ago?

It's called a Parka and I doubt he has worn one for years.

That said if I was under 40, I probably would not give a damn about Weller or The Jam.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Ok mate, we are not all the same, but boring no, i do not like the "mod father" tag either,
he wasn't called this in the Jam days.

bobbybighead

Jun 7, 2007
Me to use to tell my mum I was going to Western Rd I was about 14 I think happy days. Best song away from the numbers , Ever changing moods and out of the sinking

Writing my favorite Weller tracks I recalled memories of trips to Carnaby St do get bowling shoes from Shelley's good times :)

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

He's boring now, but up to the end of 1985, he was brilliant. Incredible talent.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
To be fair he has tried to explain this. #24

Fair enough.. I agree not a housewives favourite, but I wiould not think under rated by people who listen to music. I have countless of his albums - don't say I particualy like them all, but I dd see the Jam play more tan once and have seen PW several more times.

It's funny, in my head when I'm not listening, if I think of his music, it can be a little "samey" but I don't think that when I'm actually listening to it. I usually think I should be playing it more often.

Funnily enough, one of my plans for today was to learn "that's entertinment" on the avoustic.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
He didn't always get things right sartorially either...

PW_bermudas.jpg

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Fair enough.. I agree not a housewives favourite, but I wiould not think under rated by people who listen to music. I have countless of his albums - don't say I particualy like them all, but I dd see the Jam play more tan once and have seen PW several more times.

It's funny, in my head when I'm not listening, if I think of his music, it can be a little "samey" but I don't think that when I'm actually listening to it. I usually think I should be playing it more often.

Funnily enough, one of my plans for today was to learn "that's entertinment" on the avoustic.

I must admit I prefer The Jam to the Weller solo stuff of today.
Good choice of song to learn on the guitar :thumbsup:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
And who can forget the moustache?!

1995.07.02c.JPG

It's almost Peter Ward-eseque in its statement: "This moustache signifies that from now on, I'm going to be much less good than I was before..."

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Tube station
Malice
Butterfly collector.

I want to like his solo stuff, but it never lives up to my expectations.

No i saw The Jam at the Brighton Centre, think it was 79, the Vapours were the support band , i think.
Also saw the Who at the Centre.

Yeah '79 Vapours were excellent. My first gig.

Butterfly Collector
Eton Rifles
Mr Clean
Down in the Tube Station at Midnight

My all time favourite; Strange Town - love this song. It perfectly captures the hectic 'can't be bothered with other people' attitude in Cities. Great song.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Yeah '79 Vapours were excellent. My first gig.

Butterfly Collector
Eton Rifles
Mr Clean
Down in the Tube Station at Midnight

My all time favourite; Strange Town - love this song. It perfectly captures the hectic 'can't be bothered with other people' attitude in Cities. Great song.

Good choice for a first gig it was a brilliant night.

Strange Town, agree great song, I have been playing Jam cds for the last 2 hours.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
A question about his recording career:

'Batman Theme' by The Jam - why?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here