Paul Barber

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!
All I'm hearing from that is 'i know more about the situation then you so Nah.' Let people form their own opinion on barber and be proved wrong by him. Everybody is instantly going to be sceptical when prices go up just after a new CEO comes in. And they're entitled to that opinion.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
whats interesting is the final graph. having shown in others graphics that wheat prices going up, the wider commodity prices show as trending flat to down. you can also see from the middle graph that more wheat is produced than consumed. so wheres the price increase coming from?

The article shows prices are well below the high of 2011 and inflation flat.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Barber's biggest challenge will be to drive up commercial revenue streams when we get to the premier league. The biggest potential earners are stadium naming rights, shirt sponsorship and kit supplier deals. Match day revenue from food is a side issue by comparison.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I have heard the same believe that employing him is a massive coup for this club.

And there's cynical old me thinking I'm yet to be convinced that he isn't just another sharp-suited operator aboard the football gravy train. Still, if that's the only path to success these days...

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Easy response for a thick f***. (edited to remove profanity)

You do realise you're not allowed to swear on here?
Bozza will have your guts for garters - never typed that before.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
and are you finding it cheaper or more expensive, to buy like for like products?

Over the past year, overall, I have not noticed any price movement up or down.

Everybody is instantly going to be sceptical when prices go up just after a new CEO comes in. And they're entitled to that opinion.

Barber's biggest challenge will be to drive up commercial revenue streams when we get to the premier league. The biggest potential earners are stadium naming rights, shirt sponsorship and kit supplier deals. Match day revenue from food is a side issue by comparison.
I don't know why people get the idea that an organisation as big as the Albion leaves its pricing policies to one man (who can be personally blamed by customers for the decisions that "he" makes).

There is a corporate approach to pricing. The Board will take the major decisions collectively. The Chairman has a view. He is surrounded by financial experts that he has brought on to the Board. It's a thoroughly professional set up. The Chief Executive is merely part of it.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I don't know why people get the idea that an organisation as big as the Albion leaves its pricing policies to one man (who can be personally blamed by customers for the decisions that "he" makes).

There is a corporate approach to pricing. The Board will take the major decisions collectively. The Chairman has a view. He is surrounded by financial experts that he has brought on to the Board. It's a thoroughly professional set up. The Chief Executive is merely part of it.

Other than Pie and Pint-gate!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
And there's cynical old me thinking I'm yet to be convinced that he isn't just another sharp-suited operator aboard the football gravy train. Still, if that's the only path to success these days...

I thought the same but a good mate, who is no fool, was telling me that he has heard him "holding court" and was very impressed with his vision and general ability to see the bigger picture. An academic who can articulate well and has a wealth of experience. Not something that this club has had an abundance of recently..well imo anyway.

TerryT

Jun 14, 2011
Do you not go shopping.

I'm no economist so I won't be arguing the exact figures.
But food is more expensive, or quantities therein are lessening, which is the same principle.

If PB says 8% then I'm happy to believe that.
If he had said 'we are profiteering in a slumped market', I would then call to question his judgement (on many levels).

Absolutely this, I notice every time I go to the Supermarket

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I thought the same but a good mate, who is no fool, was telling me that he has heard him "holding court" and was very impressed with his vision and general ability to see the bigger picture. An academic who can articulate well and has a wealth of experience. Not something that this club has had an abundance of recently..well imo anyway.

Fairy snuff Icy. Despite my hoary protestations about the incumbent (Mr B), I did listen to him on The Albion Roar - & it was evident that he knows his stuff. I've no doubt that he'll be bringing in a lot more wonga than the shifty operator that he replaced. I concede that we'll certainly need as much money as possible coming into the club if we're to achieve the kind of success that many crave so badly, but I just hope the community side of the Albion doesn't get lost in the scramble for Premiershite-based glory.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports