Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Barber

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
A colleague, and mate, who knows more about football than 99% of this site (he the Official Spurs historian) has told me that our new CEO, Paul, is the most knowledgable football man he's met. My mate says we are incredibly lucky to have him. He's got coaching badges too. Learnt from bottom to top. So less of the shit please. Thank you.

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
And he coaches kids football. From what I've gauged, my mate was really surprised we had been able to attract him. His connections in football are immense. IMMENSE.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have heard the same believe that employing him is a massive coup for this club.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
A colleague, and mate, who knows more about football than 99% of this site (he the Official Spurs historian) has told me that our new CEO, Paul, is the most knowledgable football man he's met. My mate says we are incredibly lucky to have him. He's got coaching badges too. Learnt from bottom to top. So less of the shit please. Thank you.

Cheers for that information, Mr Barber

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
A lot of fans will just blame him for every 50p extra they have to pay on a match day (whilst posting the complaint on their iphone5). I suppose it all comes with the job

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
I heard a story last week that the staff at the Amex have to clap when he walks into the room.......don't know if that's true or not though

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Saw him in action at the 1901 meeting on Wednesday for the first time. He is an impressive operator.

I agree. He obviously has a remit to drive up the revenue streams but I feel he also knows he needs to keep us all happy and will listen. That said, I still do not believe his comment about how food prices have risen 8% in one year.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I agree. He obviously has a remit to drive up the revenue streams but I feel he also knows he needs to keep us all happy and will listen. That said, I still do not believe his comment about how food prices have risen 8% in one year.
Do you not go shopping.

I'm no economist so I won't be arguing the exact figures.
But food is more expensive, or quantities therein are lessening, which is the same principle.

If PB says 8% then I'm happy to believe that.
If he had said 'we are profiteering in a slumped market', I would then call to question his judgement (on many levels).

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Could you ask the Spurs historian his version of events about the game with Southampton in 1977/78? Would be interesting to find out his views about the so-called 'fix'.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Food prices really have risen sharply recently. If you haven't noticed this at the supermarket then check out this article:
BBC News - QA: World food and fuel prices

whats interesting is the final graph. having shown in others graphics that wheat prices going up, the wider commodity prices show as trending flat to down. you can also see from the middle graph that more wheat is produced than consumed. so wheres the price increase coming from?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Do you not go shopping.

I'm no economist so I won't be arguing the exact figures.
But food is more expensive, or quantities therein are lessening, which is the same principle.

If PB says 8% then I'm happy to believe that.
If he had said 'we are profiteering in a slumped market', I would then call to question his judgement (on many levels).

We're talking about the last year and according to Defra over the last year food inflation has not been anywhere near 8%. Sugar, jam, chocolate is 5.7% and but other than this raw foods have gone up by 2.6 at most. Some have dropped. And personally I have not noticed any increases in my shopping basket.

http://www.defra.gov.uk/statistics/files/defra-stats-foodfarm-crosscutting-monthlybrief-aug12-120904.pdf#page10

See the graph in section 4.1.1.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here