Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Barber

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That's because in times of economic hardship and austerity the price of goods like Champagne, sturgeons eggs, goose liver etc. tends to remain static or even fall. Supply and demand, innit.

Yikes

"Olive oil prices to soar after Spanish drought devastates crop"

m.guardian.co.uk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'm in the 'Paul Barber's appointment is a coup' camp. Let's stay open-minded on his contribution to the Albion cause shall we? Still early days.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This is since 2007 though. I'm not disputing this. I'm disputing high rises in the past year. These I have not seen.

I am genuinely surprised at how much our weekly shop now costs, particularly as a veggie household we don't have to buy any meat or fish which I have mentally filed under "expensive stuff", rightly or wrongly.

(And no, it's not booze either as I rarely buy any with the weekly shop - I pretend I'm going to lay off it a bit, before then visiting the village offy nearly every night.)

A colleague, and mate, who knows more about football than 99% of this site (he the Official Spurs historian) has told me that our new CEO, Paul, is the most knowledgable football man he's met. My mate says we are incredibly lucky to have him. He's got coaching badges too. Learnt from bottom to top. So less of the shit please. Thank you.

I know plenty of people that have coaching badges that talk shit??? including me:facepalm:

Bazzza67

Feb 6, 2011
Brighton, UK
Weekly grocery shop has defeinatly gone up over the last 10 - 12 months comparing like-for-like items... doesn't help having two fast growing kids who seem to always be hungry!....and you just can't feed them bread and lard these days...high in cholesterol apparently!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
A big bag of Twiglets used to cost 95p they are now anything between £1.50 and £2.00. Even in places like ASDA.

Proof enough.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A big bag of Twiglets used to cost 95p they are now anything between £1.50 and £2.00. Even in places like ASDA.

Proof enough.

Has this sharp increase been in the last 12 months though? This is my dispute. I don't do a weekly shop as such, I just buy food when I need it and in small amounts and I chop and change what I buy so maybe any rise over the past year isn't as noticeable to me?

That said I buy a croissant and a Kitkat every morning from the same two shops and the price has not changed for well over a year. Newspapers have soared though.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think so.
To me the price increases are across the board, I don't buy croissants.

For me the general rule of thumb was £1 an item, so obviously a massive shop would cost me £100.

I can't get close to that now.
Todays 49 items came to £63.43 before discounts.

That's shopping conservatively.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I seem to be on my own. I think you lot need to stop your weekly shops and just buy food when you need it.....it's clearly cheaper :dunce:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Proof enough.

Im opening a Twiglet farm. There's money to be made.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Has this sharp increase been in the last 12 months though? This is my dispute. I don't do a weekly shop as such, I just buy food when I need it and in small amounts and I chop and change what I buy so maybe any rise over the past year isn't as noticeable to me?

That said I buy a croissant and a Kitkat every morning from the same two shops and the price has not changed for well over a year. Newspapers have soared though.

Actually the serious answer is yes! Overnite almost (well in the space of a week or two) the good thing is that giant pot noodles were two for 1.50 so its not all bad thats two days dinners there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here