Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paul Barber to Saudi?

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
If Bloom sold to the Saudis or any other kind of State-funded investment group I would be done with the Albion. I guess I'd probably still watch on the TV from time to time, but it would be Haywards Heath Town for me at the weekends.
Given Tony's ancestry and culture, there's probably a raft of opportunities that would never be on his radar.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
It iswhat PL teams are doing to teams everywhere: paying insane money to get the best talent.
Surely there is some truth to this rumour, at least the part about them being interested. I struggle to see Arab media randomly creating false transfer rumours about Paul Barber.
A “well placed source” said it was all “nonsense” . No surprise though that clubs are interested. In same way that they’d like RDZ to be their coach and Dunk to be their captain etc - so what.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It iswhat PL teams are doing to teams everywhere: paying insane money to get the best talent.
Surely there is some truth to this rumour, at least the part about them being interested. I struggle to see Arab media randomly creating false transfer rumours about Paul Barber.
As I posted yesterday in reply to another mild rebuke, I was being somewhat facetious. There is not a lot we can do about this sort of thing. It is what it is.

Heart and Soul

Jul 7, 2023
A “well placed source” said it was all “nonsense” . No surprise though that clubs are interested. In same way that they’d like RDZ to be their coach and Dunk to be their captain etc - so what.
Could be nonsense today but not tomorrow. If clubs are indeed interested, there may be actual offers at some point. And if they offer him £30-40m a year to have a luxuary house and run (recruiting people, designing training facilities and other exciting work) the most popular club in Saudi Arabia, surely he would think about it. I hope he sticks around but it feels a bit threatening.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Could be nonsense today but not tomorrow. If clubs are indeed interested, there may be actual offers at some point. And if they offer him £30-40m a year to have a luxuary house and run (recruiting people, designing training facilities and other exciting work) the most popular club in Saudi Arabia, surely he would think about it. I hope he sticks around but it feels a bit threatening.
Given he’s stayed here for 11 years, turned down offers in the past and dismissed this one, and for all we know - not interested in certain offers on principle - then perhaps not.
Of course he might leave at some point - but this “rumour” was pretty thin stuff.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
As I posted yesterday in reply to another mild rebuke, I was being somewhat facetious. There is not a lot we can do about this sort of thing. It is what it is.
Everyone wants a bit of Albion. They admire the whole set up. Interest is universal in our players, coaches, administrators. This interest rarely equate to offers or “negotiations” , let alone the individuals even considering it. This one had barely anything to it, it appears.
But you’re right - this is to be expected. Comes with being a top 6 club !

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
He is probably the most high profile CEO in the league so of course he is going to attract attention/offers. Just by mentioning his name Saudis are signalling their intention to go after the best.

With his committee work in the game and his high profile this is probably as good as it gets for PBOBE. He is practically his own boss and he has been here so long I would be surprised if he thinks of Brighton as anything other than HIS club. Maybe.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
This could be awkward.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230715_200603_Albion.jpg
    Screenshot_20230715_200603_Albion.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 145

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
He’s very busy. He’s taking part in an event tomorrow evening which I might attend. I’m sure the Saudi subject will come up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here