Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paul Barber to Saudi?

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Translated to :

private | Paul Barber, CEO of the English club Brighton, is the most prominent candidate to assume the position of CEO of Al-Ittihad Club.

Negotiations are taking place now from the fund, no new CEO will be appointed before 4 months from today.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Translated to :

private | Paul Barber, CEO of the English club Brighton, is the most prominent candidate to assume the position of CEO of Al-Ittihad Club.

Negotiations are taking place now from the fund, no new CEO will be appointed before 4 months from today.
Not very private then.

I don't know why he would want to go there. or why anyone would. He's made for life as it is.

It might be rubbish anyway.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I’d be very surprised if PB went for that. He does not come across at all like it’s the sort of thing he would do, is unlikely to be seduced by the millions, and has far higher morals than many might think.

He is bound to be one of the first names on the list, but I think he’d say “thank you but I’m not interested”

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I’d be very surprised if PB went for that. He does not come across at all like it’s the sort of thing he would do, is unlikely to be seduced by the millions, and has far higher morals than many might think.

He is bound to be one of the first names on the list, but I think he’d say “thank you but I’m not interested”
I disagree.

He could go out there for a couple of years, quadruple his salary, and come back richer than God. Yes he's very well remunerated at BHA, but not to footballer-salary levels. The amount of money those arabs are chucking around now is ridiculous. He's been here since 2012, and might fancy a fresh challenge. If one of those PIF clubs wave an almighty great cheque under his nose, then I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was sorely tempted.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Barber transcends just the CEO role these days.

He's the Deputy Chairman of the club also which means he's far more ingrained within the club culture than the run of the mill CEO.
You're taking this parody account malarkey too far.

The better ones always keep things closer to potential reality.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I can see him know in his press conference reeling out the same generic answer given by everyone who has been tempted to move the Saudi Arabian league “ I am really looking forward to this fresh exciting new challenge”

Good luck to him, to be fair you can’t turn down generational pay offers.

He will be hard to replace.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If he’s married I bet his wife would be thrilled about this! Being a western woman in Saudi, however rich, is not that attractive is it?

Living in a gated compound is the norm isn’t it?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
If he’s married I bet his wife would be thrilled about this! Being a western woman in Saudi, however rich, is not that attractive is it?

Living in a gated compound is the norm isn’t it?
The footballers are living in nearby wet states and commuting in. I imagine his wife would do the same. Or stay here and he flies back on a private jet very regularly.

The money would be insane. That's their plan. I think PBOBE is on £2-3m pa. They could turn that into £20m tax free and a five year contact. Principles tend not to survive first contact with generational wealth.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I think this will happen. Having listened to him on the High Performance podcast he is a man that likes a challenge. 10+ years with us is a long time and he’s achieved European football. Now having the chance to grow the Saudi league must be a real exciting prospect not to mention enough money to set up his kids and grandkids for life.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ps whatever the uninformed think on here, Paul Barber is a world class CEO and would be a massive loss. This will test the replacement planning.
Yep, I can see this happening. The sanctions horse has bolted with allowing the takeover of Newcastle and they can’t be sanctioned for being the worlds highest payers. I can see football being bought just like horse racing and Golf has been by Arab states, in fact it is already happening here.

We SHOULD be very worried imo, they could decimate European football couldn’t they? Might make the English League a lower quality but more competitive in the long term? I guess the idea is to build Saudi teams into the best in the world. What then for City and Newcastle?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here