Paul Barber responds on Albion managerial situation

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
We don't have a right to anything! Putting in millions and millions of your own money give you rights.

I wouldn't mind betting that as a proportion of my overall income/wealth I have invested more money supporting the Albion than Tony Bloom has.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The phrase 'Thank you for your patience at this *insert slightly traumatic word* time' 2/5 on.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
"Contrary to what may have been reported locally...." - 2/5

"We have also read some of the more disappointing criticisms of the club in one or two areas this morning - some of it unjustified, inaccurate, and unbalanced in our opinion, prompting even more questions from our fans."

I was paraphrasing, but that's close enough

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I wouldn't mind betting that as a proportion of my overall income/wealth I have invested more money supporting the Albion than Tony Bloom has.

Well in that case: you're obviously entitled to know everything. Blimey, why didn't you say earlier??

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I have a hunch TB is mightily pissed of about people hinting that the playing budget investment is not enough etc...

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Surely the new "manager" should have a say in dealing with the 'retained' list.....

Why? He isn't going to have a say in any other transfer activity at the club why would he have an interest in the retained list?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I strongly disagree with this on every level. Brighton and Hove Albion like any other club is nothing without its fans, ours in particular would not even exist. We absolutely have every right to know what is going on at the club, within reason.

I wonder if this view of yours converts into politics, eg "only the rich should have rights, the common rabble deserve nothing"

blooming heck how did you turn this into a party political post ????

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I have a hunch TB is mightily pissed of about people hinting that the playing budget investment is not enough etc...
By 'people', I assume you mean OG and some of the media reporting seen today and yesterday.

mjking73

Apr 17, 2013
Littlehampton
"We have to give the Football League our retained list, and first we will inform those players whose contracts are up at the end of June of their decision as to whether they will be offered a new contract. That is in hand. David Burke and Nathan Jones are currently sitting down with the players who are out of contract to explain the situation to them and we will then update our supporters."

Worrying...very worrying

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

I think he would have every right to feel that way. How much has he put into the club? And is still covering the losses every year? I expect Mustafa will disagree though.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I strongly disagree with this on every level. Brighton and Hove Albion like any other club is nothing without its fans, ours in particular would not even exist. We absolutely have every right to know what is going on at the club, within reason.

I wonder if this view of yours converts into politics, eg "only the rich should have rights, the common rabble deserve nothing"

Yep Garcia was sold to the fans as the future of the club and playing a major role in setting up a Barcelona style academy over the next three years. They sold us a bright future and we paid good money to help with that dream, but after only six months and no commitment to quality signings it was unofficially over.

We bought the tin, but we found that inside wasn’t exactly what was said on it.

I can't believe that we were allowed to dream about next season and the future under Oscar when it was really over four months ago. 25,000 + fans living on false hope and being misled doesn't sit right with me to be honest.

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
"We have also read some of the more disappointing criticisms of the club in one or two areas this morning - some of it unjustified, inaccurate, and unbalanced in our opinion, prompting even more questions from our fans. And, whilst it's not possible, and rarely productive, to address every nuance of every question, we will of course do our best to provide some important overall context and balance in due course"

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
Agree 100%, the seriously rich don't do this kind of investment purely for business reasons, they do it also for some degree of recognition and prestige so the suggestion he's gone tight or worse, maybe hasn't got the funds to spend to put us on a par with rivals, will not be comments well received - nor should they be when he's already spent well north of £100 million and counting and seen the start of any well deserved return delayed by a minimum of another 12 months!...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports