Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paul Barber and Bennet's Field.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I guess at some stage the progress of the club on the pitch needs to be matched by capacity increases? I'm sure someone at the club must be thinking longer term about how the Amex can become (say) a 35,000+ seater stadium. The design makes it tricky to add anything meaningful, I think - but having control of the land right next to the stadium must be crucial to any possible expansion (even if it's just required for more park & ride buses).
I saw on twitter that Tony is planning build a new 50,000 seater stadium there (with an underground ice rink/basketball hall for his new teams) and keep the AMEX for the women's and U21 teams.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I wouldn’t mind a Maccers there I have to say, though my cholesterol might not thank me for the suggestion! But perfect spot for one I would think.

Failing that, taking our lead from the July 12 commemorations in Northern Ireland, how about having a big bonfire on the site? Could have it around November time, and invite, say, Archer and Bellotti to be a key part of the occasion. It would surely be popular, maybe arrange it before the Maccers is built though.
You have got to be kidding? It could be 16:45 on a Saturday afternoon and there would still be people trying to drive in, oblivious to the complete waste of their time and that of the thousands heading in the opposite direction.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Whatever. You've clutched pearls at something pretty minor imo.

I realise you may feel that way, but honestly that is not my intention. Spaz is a shortening of spastic. It's a term you can hear a lot if you venture into online gaming, and I find it particularly upsetting for personal reasons. I'd rather that people with cerebral palsy could use this site without seeing people use their disability as a form of ridicule. I doubt that you meant it like that, but unfortunately that is what it means, and how some will see it.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Isn't it still owned by Mr Bennett? Aren't we all getting a bit carried away with plans the club might have for it - or have I missed some, pardon the term, development in this tale?

Last edited:

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
You have got to be kidding? It could be 16:45 on a Saturday afternoon and there would still be people trying to drive in, oblivious to the complete waste of their time and that of the thousands heading in the opposite direction.
Ok, KFC then

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
New home for the the i360, as the Council look to recover some of their money.
Plus a new revenue stream for the Albion, with the i360 pod left in it's apex position when the game is in play to give a premium tactical viewing platform. Gives an added advantage of lowering the pod during half time and pre/post game to provide drinks not in view of the pitch.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I wouldn’t mind a Maccers there I have to say, though my cholesterol might not thank me for the suggestion! But perfect spot for one I would think.

Failing that, taking our lead from the July 12 commemorations in Northern Ireland, how about having a big bonfire on the site? Could have it around November time, and invite, say, Archer and Bellotti to be a key part of the occasion. It would surely be popular, maybe arrange it before the Maccers is built though.
Glad someone else said it, I thought I’d just get abuse if I suggested a Maccies

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Yes indeed, invite our "friends" along from SE25 to help us to light it, they have more practice with pyrotechnics.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I realise you may feel that way, but honestly that is not my intention. Spaz is a shortening of spastic. It's a term you can hear a lot if you venture into online gaming, and I find it particularly upsetting for personal reasons. I'd rather that people with cerebral palsy could use this site without seeing people use their disability as a form of ridicule. I doubt that you meant it like that, but unfortunately that is what it means, and how some will see it.
Well said.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here