[Albion] Paul Barber and Bennet's Field.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Is there enough room there for a small stadium that could maybe Accommodate Women's and U21 football. For example like the stadiums at Bayer Leverkusen and Man City.
Just barely. It'd be too tight to really be worth it. I mean you could fit a pitch, but not very much around the pitch. I'm aware they're a bit wonky, but the scale should be about right

Attachments

• NewPitch.jpg
    NewPitch.jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 87
  • NewPitch90.jpg
    NewPitch90.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 88

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I guess at some stage the progress of the club on the pitch needs to be matched by capacity increases? I'm sure someone at the club must be thinking longer term about how the Amex can become (say) a 35,000+ seater stadium. The design makes it tricky to add anything meaningful, I think - but having control of the land right next to the stadium must be crucial to any possible expansion (even if it's just required for more park & ride buses).

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Just barely. It'd be too tight to really be worth it. I mean you could fit a pitch, but not very much around the pitch. I'm aware they're a bit wonky, but the scale should be about right
You could maybe squeeze it in, its a shame we didn't have a provision for something like this, its rife all over Europe, I was really impressed with Leverkusen's facility.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I had to look up what a boxpark was. If they're going to do that, incorporate what they've done at the Eden Project.
Best of both worlds. Foodhall/retail stuff and biodomes! I mean rooms made from shipping containers. Not quite 5 star hotel luxury, but would be a novelty for the kids and cheaper too

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
2nd pitch/stadium so the U21 and U18 have a 'home' ground, could be used for the womens team too.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Correct me if I'm wrong, but from the utter spazfest trauma of the 12 year Amex planning application, I seem to recall that BF falls at least partly within the boundaries of LDC. The idea of a pub or boxpark there getting past the crinkled, tweed-dwelling bitter blue-rinse brigade that festoon that particular council office (not to mention Falmer Parish Council) seems about as likely as a senior tory properly declaring his tax affairs.

They'd tie it up in in planning permission red tape for years, costing fortunes, making the whole thing totally unviable. We know how they operate.

I reckon Bennett will rip up the concrete, and plant potatoes there.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
So much potential. Split it as half car park and the rest some sort of fan zone. But something that can be used every day as an attraction for tourists and locals alike. If the hotel is a no no, can retail buildings be put there. Start with a pub chain (Toby or similar) as a daily attraction and add other shops along with outside bars, food stalls and stage for match days.
And, of course, toilets.
Hmmm for anything permanent to be erected on the site, Mr. Bennet, not an easy man to do business with allegedly, would need to be persuaded to sell his land to us first.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports