Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pat Bamford

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
He was utter $hite. I wouldn't wish him on my worst enemies. :thumbsup:

He started no games in the premier league and had 5 substitute appearances for Palace.

And in a team who create no chances for their strikers.

Apart from that, PLENTY to judge his ability on.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
+ if we do get to the promised land we will have money to buy qualified strikers ........thats if we want them try out with what we have for a few months at least
will we sign Bobby for another year?

I can't see Bobby getting another year whatever division we are in.

It would be nice to give him (and Calde) one game if we got to the First Division though.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Given the riches on offer it wouldn't cost much to give Bobby one season in the PL if we got promoted.

And it would put the icing on the cake. Who wouldn't love to see him come on and score against Man United (or Palace).

*takes off rose tinted glasses*

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Good luck with that !
Came across as a Billy big bollocks, and didn't seemed to be bothered when given the chance.
See him returning to Boro.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He was utter $hite. I wouldn't wish him on my worst enemies. :thumbsup:

Yeah, yeah you would, wouldn't you?

I mean, there was I thinking with a certain degree of irritation that he looked quite a decent signing for Palace when he joined in the summer, so obviously I was wishing he'd turn out to be total crap for you. And so it came to pass :clap:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Good luck with that !
Came across as a Billy big bollocks.
Was he banging on about playing in Europe and managing the national team?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If Bamford really has said he doesn't want to play in the Championship then he's a fool.

He's never had regular football in the Prem while top Championship strikers such as Rhodes and McCormack go for 8 figure sums with all the signing-on booty that entails, while players like Moussa Dembele of Fulham bag 14 or 15 goals and put themselves centre stage for a summer bidding war. Oh, and Charlie Austin spent half the season with QPR in the Championship yet is still in with a shout of making the England Euro 2016 squad.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Looks like he's out of our reach now. Middleborough, Sunderland and Swansea battling it out for his signature.

:nono:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not a Premier League player.

Agreed. Has done nothing in that league despite chances. Might come with age and getting a season + promoted from Championship might help that but not now

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Meh.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He thinks he is though. Which is why I'd steer clear.

Possibly. Saw some of his appearances for Norwich and just looks too lightweight

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Possibly. Saw some of his appearances for Norwich and just looks too lightweight

I actually think these young Chelsea starlets get worse the more they're farmed out on loan.

Take Chalobah, looked the next big thing when at Watford, but since then has been loaned out to 5 different clubs getting less game time every loan.

He was warming the bench at Napoli last I looked.

Josh Mceachren is another, another promising player going nowhere but some 6 month loan deal for the rest of his career.

Bamford again looked great in his first couple of loan spells but has gone nowhere at Norwich and Palace.

Maybe if he left Chelsea and signed a proper deal with a club he could actually develop properly.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Agreed. Has done nothing in that league despite chances. Might come with age and getting a season + promoted from Championship might help that but not now

He thinks he is though. Which is why I'd steer clear.

The way he left us as well was poor.

(Although it must be tough working in Croydon when you live in Chelsea)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here