Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pat Bamford

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I like the player but hear his attitude leaves a lot to be desired, although you can never know the veracity of that hersay. (inside source though) It's probably not worth taking the chance, given our excellent team spirit...

SAC

May 21, 2014
He seemed to have struggled to get into a Palace team when they were doing well but also struggled to get into a Norwich team when they weren't. After his success at Middlesbrough and MKD I would have expected him to be able to make the leap to the PL but he must be running out of options now.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Newcastle and Villa both heavily linked with him now so unlikely he's coming here :nono:

Quoted upwards of £12m transfer fee so was probably out of our price range in any case unless we could get him on loan.

Bamford could be Toons £15m man

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is he the player who had a hissy fit when on loan at Palace?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Nearly 1 in 2 in the Champ so miles better than Wilson.

Newcastle being back in this division is already getting on my tits.

SAC

May 21, 2014
I can't see it being more than £3 million upfront and the rest on promotion, caps and cup wins. Therefore just £3 million.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
15m? Are they completely troll-shagging insane?! Mentalists the lot of them.

Problem with most deals for these type of players is you're not just paying what they are worth now, the selling club is often building in an addition about what they 'could' be worth in future. Factor in that he's English and 'homegrown' and it adds up to a ludicrous amount. No wonder us and other clubs tend to do a lot of shopping from abroad now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Looks like Bamford is heading to Celtic, obviously got no ambition to test himself

I bet he now wishes he accepted the place at Harvard.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Looks like Bamford is heading to Celtic, obviously got no ambition to test himself

Celtic would be a good move for Bamford himself at this point in time - He has probably seen a few players go there and build a reputation like Hooper and Frazer Foster - They then got moves to the Premiership on the strength of that. His reputation was tarnished by bad loan move choices last year to clubs playing systems not suited to him.

I don't really know if he is good or not. I haven't seen enough of him but certainly he needs to choose his next move carefully or he could end up in League 1 before he knows it

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Celtic would be a good move for Bamford himself at this point in time - He has probably seen a few players go there and build a reputation like Hooper and Frazer Foster - They then got moves to the Premiership on the strength of that. His reputation was tarnished by bad loan move choices last year to clubs playing systems not suited to him.

I don't really know if he is good or not. I haven't seen enough of him but certainly he needs to choose his next move carefully or he could end up in League 1 before he knows it

Said Chalobah going with him, now he has gone backwards since he DESTROYED us when he played for Watford

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here