Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] PASSING ON A TICKET WARNING

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Guy sat quite near to me twice came up with a pint in his hand, and stood/sat supping it watching the game with no problems.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Why do people want more thorough security ? Do they like queueing up, intrusive pat downs etc ? Anyway I set off the detectors, so was wand searched but was perfectly fine / reasonableb
I think they probably like the idea that one day, at a national event televised worldwide, no-one will have an easy opportunity to take in a machete, a gun or set off a bomb yards from the stadium. Doesn't seem unreasonable.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think they probably like the idea that one day, at a national event televised worldwide, no-one will have an easy opportunity to take in a machete, a gun or set off a bomb yards from the stadium. Doesn't seem unreasonable.
Fair enough, if people want full body searches etc to go to football so be it, but I’d personally take the risk

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Fair enough, if people want full body searches etc to go to football so be it, but I’d personally take the risk
It's happened in the past, it'll happen again if places like Wembley are that lax. You'd have thought after the Euro Final they'd at least show some signs of having learned from mistakes which could one day have far greater consequences than fans storming the turnstiles.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
All the can`t transfer tickets thing is bollocks. If you bought a ticket then as you were allowed, bought two GUEST tickets. It`s obvious you cant use three yourself. I bought two guest tickets and my guests downloaded them onto their own phones. I`m OAP and haven`t got smart phone so had a print out ticket.
I did think Wembley service was pretty good considering there were nearly three times as many people there than at the Amex. Poor old Solly he`s been having a great season but will be remembered for eternity for his miss !!
We had a mate who couldn't go. Someone used his ticket. No ID checks materialised. But, I guess the pre-match scare mongering from the club managed to put off people taking the mick.

Was still disappointed to see empty seats in the middle level. Maybe these sponsors don't need as many tickets as they think they do.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It's happened in the past, it'll happen again if places like Wembley are that lax. You'd have thought after the Euro Final they'd at least show some signs of having learned from mistakes which could one day have far greater consequences than fans storming the turnstiles.
I must have missed the gun & knife attacks at football stadiums! I was at the euro finals and they’ve visibly increased stewards at the entrance gates as well as the wheelchair entrances which kept getting opened. But none of that meant more thorough security / searches

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
All the can`t transfer tickets thing is bollocks. If you bought a ticket then as you were allowed, bought two GUEST tickets. It`s obvious you cant use three yourself. I bought two guest tickets and my guests downloaded them onto their own phones. I`m OAP and haven`t got smart phone so had a print out ticket.
I did think Wembley service was pretty good considering there were nearly three times as many people there than at the Amex. Poor old Solly he`s been having a great season but will be remembered for eternity for his miss !!
The advantage of getting older is that things like this fade from the memory. I think though I will remember his good bits of which there are a lot and therefore stand a better chance of remembering them.🤪

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I must have missed the gun & knife attacks at football stadiums! I was at the euro finals and they’ve visibly increased stewards at the entrance gates as well as the wheelchair entrances which kept getting opened. But none of that meant more thorough security / searches
Yeah, but there is still the threat of fanatics with bombs, as Manchester people will be only too aware of. Security is more than stopping a pork pie and bottle of coke.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yeah, but there is still the threat of fanatics with bombs, as Manchester people will be only too aware of. Security is more than stopping a pork pie and bottle of coke.
But it’ll happen anyway sadly. If someone has managed to build a bomb, carry it across London and get to the gate then a £15 an hour security guard isn’t going to do much

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Why do people want more thorough security ? Do they like queueing up, intrusive pat downs etc ? Anyway I set off the detectors, so was wand searched but was perfectly fine / reasonableb
I don't think people are calling for more security (bar one or two) but, much like refereeing, some consistency. Spurs is like getting on a flight, sniffer dogs, proper detector, digital entry. Wembley yesterday, surely a more high profile target, had zero security when we went in. Amex is a bit of a cross between the two. Palace is a regimented name check, name was also checked at Wolves, nothing at Spurs or Wembley. Different fans being sent off to the away ticket office to pick up (aka the naughty step). Bottle tops on at Wembley, off everywhere else. Some grounds allowing flasks, others not.

I get that some grounds don't have certain equipment, some may have trouble getting stewarding staff but, in that case, cut down on the rhetoric. By the standards of one or two of our club pronouncements yesterday risked us getting attacked by terrorists, players getting attacked by full drink bottles and any Tom, Dick or Harry getting in on a guest ticket and besmirching the name of the club. None of which actually happened of course.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I doubt very much if they are paid up to £15.00 per hour.
The point is that outer ring is usually a good distance from the stadium and there is some vigilance….

Edit: meant in reply to the post you were responding to.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Stade De France was bombed. Manchester Arena was bombed. Knife and gun attacks would be easier. However, I appreciate that someone showing the slightest bit of interest in who’s coming past them and what they might be carrying is a massive inconvenience.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't think people are calling for more security (bar one or two) but, much like refereeing, some consistency. Spurs is like getting on a flight, sniffer dogs, proper detector, digital entry. Wembley yesterday, surely a more high profile target, had zero security when we went in. Amex is a bit of a cross between the two. Palace is a regimented name check, name was also checked at Wolves, nothing at Spurs or Wembley. Different fans being sent off to the away ticket office to pick up (aka the naughty step). Bottle tops on at Wembley, off everywhere else. Some grounds allowing flasks, others not.

I get that some grounds don't have certain equipment, some may have trouble getting stewarding staff but, in that case, cut down on the rhetoric. By the standards of one or two of our club pronouncements yesterday risked us getting attacked by terrorists, players getting attacked by full drink bottles and any Tom, Dick or Harry getting in on a guest ticket and besmirching the name of the club. None of which actually happened of course.
Typical British inconsistency, hypocrisy, slackadaisicality, aftertiming, hyperbole, incompetence, overzealousness, underzealousness, and that sort of thing.

Before we found ourselves being blown up by spotty wanker virgins with a magical book in their backpack and an aversion to women's hair and faces, and other spotty wanker virgins (usually somewhat older) with issues about the size of their little white willy in comparison with foreign or gay ones, it was called 'muddling through, the British way', and didn't really matter all that much.

But muddlers can eventually deliver what's known as the worst of all possible worlds: harassment of law abiding citizens and curtailment of their freedoms without sufficient diligence to make a jot of difference for our 'safety and security'.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Typical British inconsistency, hypocrisy, slackadaisicality, aftertiming, hyperbole, incompetence, overzealousness, underzealousness, and that sort of thing.

Before we found ourselves being blow up by spotty wanker virgins with a magical book in their backpack and an aversion to women's hair and faces, and other spotty wanker virgins (usually somewhat older) with issues about the size of their little white willy in comparison with foreign or gay ones, it was called 'muddling through, the British way', and didn't really matter all that much.

But muddlers can eventually deliver what's known as the worst of all possible worlds: harassment of law abiding citizens and curtailment of their freedoms without sufficient diligence to make a jot of difference for our 'safety and security'.
I'm reading that as "while it's very unlikely that someone could turn a hip flask into a timebomb, if anyone can, a social inadequate can".

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Before we found ourselves being blow up by spotty wanker virgins with a magical book in their backpack and an aversion to women's hair and faces, and other spotty wanker virgins (usually somewhat older) with issues about the size of their little white willy in comparison with foreign or gay ones, it was called 'muddling through, the British way', and didn't really matter all that much.

Think the medication may be wearing off H :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here