Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] PASSING ON A TICKET WARNING

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
100 just in February according to this Argus article

I wonder if the 100 are all 'genuine' fans who go to games regularly? Or are they just 'touts' setting up accounts with lots of clubs to try and get tickets for big games they know they can sell on at a profit. Genuine fans doing this thinking they can get away with it must be a bit thick!!

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
I wonder if the 100 are all 'genuine' fans who go to games regularly? Or are they just 'touts' setting up accounts with lots of clubs to try and get tickets for big games they know they can sell on at a profit. Genuine fans doing this thinking they can get away with it must be a bit thick!!
They were just touts on Twitter who had bought memberships and were selling tickets on

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
How do loyalty points get accrued to each one ?
I have no idea to be honest as I've only ever used my North stand season ticket in my own name to get away tickets.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
No you can put your ticket on the exchange and you keep the money if it sells. I can tell you that from experience
I wonder if the wording on the letters we have seen is the same ?
would you be so kind to PM the one you have if possible ?

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
I'm still able to travel to Wembley today and was going to enquire about buying one of these guest tickets off a S T H (for no more than face value). This thread has put me right off, and no doubt there will be hundreds of empty seats in our part of the stadium meaning thousands pounds lost by STHs, while I sit at home forced to only watch on TV. Only winners are the Club, the FA and the taxman (VAT not refundable).

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
No sign of any ticket / ID checks.
Yeah and I was shocked that bottles were in with BOTTLE TOPS! And guess what, no-one was killed or hurt.

More seriously, my mate who often goes to Wembley, had his sandwiches confiscated which are always allowed, but was allowed in with his drink which isn't. The organisation was shambolic.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Yeah and I was shocked that bottles were in with BOTTLE TOPS! And guess what, no-one was killed or hurt.

More seriously, my mate who often goes to Wembley, had his sandwiches confiscated which are always allowed, but was allowed in with his drink which isn't. The organisation was shambolic.
Ha, my bottle top got taken from me. So clearly some inconsistency.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

I took both in. Security guy asked 'what's in your pockets?' - I said 'wallet, keys, sandwich'. Didn't bother telling him about the bottle as that was in my hand. However the staff / security on the concourse had no idea where the cold water taps were.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021

Some ppl searched others just walked past. Overall for our national stadium its nothing special.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Why do people want more thorough security ? Do they like queueing up, intrusive pat downs etc ? Anyway I set off the detectors, so was wand searched but was perfectly fine / reasonableb

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I had all our tickets on my phone, six in all. They were shown as 1 x Adult and 5 x 65+/U21. I asked the steward how to go about getting us all in. I was first and luckily my ticket came up first on the wallet. Then he said don't worry about the order just all come through on any ticket. There was no check as to ages at all. Then, as the 'guests' had seats away from the STH's I'd given them a piece of paper with their seat numbers on. A steward asked to see their seat ticket and they showed the peice of paper and were directed to the seats!
But in all honesty, when we first arrived I had to take junior up to see the pitch and a kind steward took photos for us, something I find a lot in London.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
All the can`t transfer tickets thing is bollocks. If you bought a ticket then as you were allowed, bought two GUEST tickets. It`s obvious you cant use three yourself. I bought two guest tickets and my guests downloaded them onto their own phones. I`m OAP and haven`t got smart phone so had a print out ticket.
I did think Wembley service was pretty good considering there were nearly three times as many people there than at the Amex. Poor old Solly he`s been having a great season but will be remembered for eternity for his miss !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here