[Albion] PASSING ON A TICKET WARNING

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Please find attached letter regarding the sale of your FA Cup Semi Final tickets.

Thank you

Millie Crowhurst

Supporter Services

+44 (0)1273 668855 (Option 1)

supporter.services@brightonandhovealbion.com

BrightonAndHoveAlbion.com

View attachment 159830 View attachment 159831
t has come to our attention that a match ticket owned and assigned to you for the FA Cup Semi
Final v Manchester United has been listed for sale online.
As clearly stated in our terms and conditions the passing on or reselling of home or away match
tickets is strictly prohibited, it is also strictly against the terms of our loyalty point system. See the
details below:
3.1. Subject to clause 3.4, below, the Home Supporter Match Ticket is issued for your sole use and
you shall not sell, dispose of, assign, transfer, lend or otherwise deal with the Home Supporter Match
Ticket or the benefit of it to any other person without the prior written consent of the Club. Further
you shall not use the Home Supporter Match Ticket for any commercial purpose.
3.2. The reference to selling the Home Supporter Match Ticket includes:
3.2.1. offering to sell a Home Supporter Match Ticket (including, without limitation, via any website
or online auction site);
3.2.2. exposing a Home Supporter Match Ticket for sale;
3.2.3. making a Home Supporter Match Ticket available for sale by another person;
3.2.4. advertising that a Home Supporter Match Ticket is available for purchase, which for the
avoidance of doubt (and by way of example only) means that this Home Supporter Match Ticket may
not be offered as a prize in any promotion or competition;
3.2.5. transferring, lending or selling a Home Supporter Match Ticket to any third party as part of a
hospitality or travel package; and
3.2.6. giving (or offering to give) a Home Supporter Match Ticket to a person who pays or agrees to
pay for some other goods or services (or offers to do so);
all save as expressly authorised by the Premier League or the Club.3.3. The unauthorised sale or disposal of a Home Supporter Match Ticket may amount to a criminal
offence under section 166 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994, as amended by the
Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006. The Club will inform the police when it becomes aware that a
Home Supporter Match Ticket has been sold, or disposed of illegally and will press for charges to be
brought against those breaking this law. If you are convicted of a ticket touting offence, or we
reasonably suspect you have committed such an offence, we will notify the Premier League who may
in turn notify other football clubs, event holders and/or the relevant law enforcement authorities.
The information that we share may includes your personal data, including your name, contact
details, information about the offence and about ticket purchases (including payment details). We
will use this to identify and prevent ticket touting offences and disorder at Matches.
3.4. If more than one Home Supporter Match Ticket is issued to you, one Home Supporter Match
Ticket must be retained by you, for personal use (subject to the provisions below) and the remainder
may be transferred to your Guest(s) for his/her/their personal use only PROVIDED THAT such transfer
takes place in consideration of no payment or benefit in excess of the face value of the Home
Supporter Match Ticket, and such transfer does not take place in the course of any business or for the
purpose of facilitating any third party's business.
The selling of your tickets is a category 3 sanction and a 10 home league game ban. Your account has
therefore been blocked and the ticket deactivated, along with your right to purchase tickets.
If you wish to contest this action, please detail this in writing within 14 days alongside any
supporting evidence.
Yours sincerely
Millie Crowhurst
Assistant Supporter Services Manager
I take it that you will be contesting the action?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The real issue here is protecting the integrity of the loyalty / priority system while being able to acknowledge and deal with tickets that can no longer be used such as @Rugrat above.

Yes, it is likely more work and an administrative pain in the arse to sell digital tickets and have them returned, but the club is in the customer facing entertainment business at the end of the day.

You can pay an 'insurance premium' on your ticket purchases in the event you cannot attend, so they are able to do it, and it really shouldn't be an upfront add-on cost - just charge an admin fee for a returned digital ticket. I don't see why the ST holder ticket exchange for home games can't be extended to all digital ticket sales.

Think this is one for the FAB group to look at to be honest. The club could probably eliminate most of the 'passing on / reselling' of tickets if they operated a legitimate exchange / return scheme across all their ticket sales.

Last edited:

paulfuzz

Apr 17, 2019
Kings Lynn
Apologies if I am slurring an innocent purchaser, but there are geezers on NSC. It is therefore possible that the guest who has picked up this ticket, has swiftly offloaded it to a tout and the club has seen this offered for sale. In which case the Op is not the one deserving of a ban.

There were 101 options for buying a ticket, especially if you have been active on this forum. Why buy a spare from a stranger?
No worries my intentions were good I believe. I brought a ticket couldn't sit with my sister so called the club and asked for a refund. They said "no can do" so rather than there be an empty seat and £65 down the drain I wanted someone else to make use of it.
1 Ticket + Face value + no club transfer facility + No profit was sought or gained

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Please find attached letter regarding the sale of your FA Cup Semi Final tickets.

Thank you

Millie Crowhurst

Supporter Services

+44 (0)1273 668855 (Option 1)

supporter.services@brightonandhovealbion.com

BrightonAndHoveAlbion.com

View attachment 159830 View attachment 159831
t has come to our attention that a match ticket owned and assigned to you for the FA Cup Semi
Final v Manchester United has been listed for sale online.
As clearly stated in our terms and conditions the passing on or reselling of home or away match
tickets is strictly prohibited, it is also strictly against the terms of our loyalty point system. See the
details below:
3.1. Subject to clause 3.4, below, the Home Supporter Match Ticket is issued for your sole use and
you shall not sell, dispose of, assign, transfer, lend or otherwise deal with the Home Supporter Match
Ticket or the benefit of it to any other person without the prior written consent of the Club. Further
you shall not use the Home Supporter Match Ticket for any commercial purpose.
3.2. The reference to selling the Home Supporter Match Ticket includes:
3.2.1. offering to sell a Home Supporter Match Ticket (including, without limitation, via any website
or online auction site);
3.2.2. exposing a Home Supporter Match Ticket for sale;
3.2.3. making a Home Supporter Match Ticket available for sale by another person;
3.2.4. advertising that a Home Supporter Match Ticket is available for purchase, which for the
avoidance of doubt (and by way of example only) means that this Home Supporter Match Ticket may
not be offered as a prize in any promotion or competition;
3.2.5. transferring, lending or selling a Home Supporter Match Ticket to any third party as part of a
hospitality or travel package; and
3.2.6. giving (or offering to give) a Home Supporter Match Ticket to a person who pays or agrees to
pay for some other goods or services (or offers to do so);
all save as expressly authorised by the Premier League or the Club.3.3. The unauthorised sale or disposal of a Home Supporter Match Ticket may amount to a criminal
offence under section 166 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994, as amended by the
Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006. The Club will inform the police when it becomes aware that a
Home Supporter Match Ticket has been sold, or disposed of illegally and will press for charges to be
brought against those breaking this law. If you are convicted of a ticket touting offence, or we
reasonably suspect you have committed such an offence, we will notify the Premier League who may
in turn notify other football clubs, event holders and/or the relevant law enforcement authorities.
The information that we share may includes your personal data, including your name, contact
details, information about the offence and about ticket purchases (including payment details). We
will use this to identify and prevent ticket touting offences and disorder at Matches.
3.4. If more than one Home Supporter Match Ticket is issued to you, one Home Supporter Match
Ticket must be retained by you, for personal use (subject to the provisions below) and the remainder
may be transferred to your Guest(s) for his/her/their personal use only PROVIDED THAT such transfer
takes place in consideration of no payment or benefit in excess of the face value of the Home
Supporter Match Ticket, and such transfer does not take place in the course of any business or for the
purpose of facilitating any third party's business.
The selling of your tickets is a category 3 sanction and a 10 home league game ban. Your account has
therefore been blocked and the ticket deactivated, along with your right to purchase tickets.
If you wish to contest this action, please detail this in writing within 14 days alongside any
supporting evidence.
Yours sincerely
Millie Crowhurst
Assistant Supporter Services Manager

Get in touch with the FSA - not sure if anyone who's been banned under these ridiculous new rules has done this yet...? But they'll almost definitely be able to help.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
No worries my intentions were good I believe. I brought a ticket couldn't sit with my sister so called the club and asked for a refund. They said "no can do" so rather than there be an empty seat and £65 down the drain I wanted someone else to make use of it.
1 Ticket + Face value + no club transfer facility + No profit was sought or gained
Plus they get to meet your sister. Jobs a good’un. Bit harsh I think.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
The real issue here is protecting the integrity of the loyalty / priority system while being able to acknowledge and deal with tickets that can no longer be used such as @Rugrat above.

Yes, it is likely more work and an administrative pain in the arse to sell tickets and have them returned, but the club is in the customer facing entertainment business at the end of the day.

You can pay an 'insurance premium' on your ticket purchases in the event you cannot attend, so they are able to do it, and it really shouldn't be an upfront add-on cost - just charge an admin fee for a returned ticket. I don't see why the ST holder ticket exchange for home games can't be extended.

Think this is one for the FAB group to look at to be honest. The club could probably eliminate most of the 'passing on / reselling' of tickets if they operated a legitimate exchange / return scheme across all their ticket sales.
Exactly, and some gigs operate this way, too. As long as the admin fee isn't extortionate, it seems to be the sensible way to go. Besides, it's highly unlikely that the club would be stuck with any returned tickets, for a Cup semi.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Yes, it is likely more work and an administrative pain in the arse to sell tickets and have them returned, but the club is in the customer facing entertainment business at the end of the day.

You can pay an 'insurance premium' on your ticket purchases in the event you cannot attend, so they are able to do it, and it really shouldn't be an upfront add-on cost - just charge an admin fee for a returned ticket. I don't see why the ST holder ticket exchange for home games can't be extended.

Guess it’s just way too much admin with paper tickets as most away games currently are. Tickets would need to be sent back, new ones wouldn’t be in the club’s possession for reissue (presumably), they’d be reluctant to issue the new one until the old one was returned, opposing club may not want to get involved in deactivating the original ticket etc etc

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Guess it’s just way too much admin with paper tickets as most away games currently are. Tickets would need to be sent back, new ones wouldn’t be in the club’s possession for reissue (presumably), they’d be reluctant to issue the new one until the old one was returned, opposing club may not want to get involved in deactivating the original ticket etc etc
Agree, I am editing my post to refer to 'digital tickets'. Can't be long before away paper tickets are also a thing of the past generally, but paper tickets, can completely understand that is almost impossible with tracking postage etc. not to mention we often don't get them until late in the day.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I have emailed a reply to the initial email so hopefully I will be able to make a formal plea.
If I am reading this correctly, I can't see how you wouldn't be able to.

"If you wish to contest this action, please detail this in writing within 14 days alongside any
supporting evidence."

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Rebellion is occurring, smash the state, man the barricades! Thatcher out!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No it was a legit ticket brought with best intentions
Def appeal it then mate. Explain you happened to have a duplicate and thought it was ok to recover cost for no profit. Apologise and explain the situation and I’m sure they will see it was an honest mistake and not ban you 👍 posting the exact seat with a price online was the issue here though - lesson learned!

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
It seems a bit of a weak excuse given the hoops they're happy to jump through to have people collect from the stadium (or, to be fair, to help people who need to collect from the ticket office for any reason).

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Plus they get to meet your sister. Jobs a good’un. Bit harsh I think.

No I don't think they do.

Didn't the OP say the reason he isn't going is that he wanted to go with his sister, but wasn't able to get a ticket for her?

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
She's named on the Albion website as a contact within Customer Supporter Services. :shrug:
I'd suggest that working out that you've been caught out because the club are monitoring social media and NSC, that starting a discussion thread and posting the recieved club email isn't going to be the best way to support an appeal...

Post #146 would suggest why it was a good idea to start a thread and outline the details of the ban - to be fair.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports