Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Passing of a loyal fan...

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
This is only the 2nd thread I have ever started but I felt I had too having seen similar in the past on here. In some way it might help.

It is with deep regret that I announce the recent death of a loyal Albion fan, my father, 57 year old Christopher Sherwood, who passed away at home suddenly on Wednesday night (25th of February). He had fought a long-standing battle against cancer.

Apart from a youthful spell in the Merchant Navy, he never lived outside his beloved Sussex. He spent the bulk of his life in Hailsham, Eastbourne (newsagent, guesthouse owner, taxi-driver for Sussex Cars) and Heathfield (Errey's printers, recently own taxi firm).

But no matter where anyone knew him from, they all knew of his love and support of the Albion which never faltered. It was probably the subject he talked about the most to any/all that would listen. A legacy he passed down me his eldest son who is the Secretary of the A21 Albion Supporters Club.

He followed the Albion extensively home and away from the mid-sixties through to the end of the days at the Goldstone, and as regularly at Withdean as his condition (and ticket availability) would allow.

His dream of a seat in the proposed new stadium (something he desperately hoped to see) will never be realised, but instead will one day be realised through me and my own two sons, his only Grandchildren.

At 35, yesterday was the saddest day of my life, and the prospect of hearing "Sussex By The Sea" at his funeral scares me silly.

I know he would want me to say to you all, up the Albion !

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Sorry to hear that Harold, sincere condolences to you and your family

Up the Albion

Albion Rob

Sorry to hear this news. 57 is no age whatsoever, absolutely terrible.

Hope he will enjoy watching the first Falmer game from a box seat on the football pitch in the sky.

RIP

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
That is sad news. My deepest condolences to you and your family.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Sorry to hear that Harold .. my deepest sympathy seagulls !!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Condolences to you and you family, a great loss to the Albion. May he RIP

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Sorry to hear that Harold. I lost my Albion-supporting dad when I was 35, so know how you feel.

Deepest sympathies to you and your family.

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
Deepest sympathy. Went far before his time - very sad.

Be proud when you hear Good Old Sussex by the Sea - he would have been

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sincere condolences at this very sad time

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I am 2 years younger than your Dad. My sincerest sympathies to your family and to you.

He will be proud of you.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
What a great guy your Dad sounds like Harold - you must really be hurting right now and it does seem so hard - but hang in there - I hope you'll soon be at a stage where you can remember him without getting too sad and being thankful of his influence in you and your families life...

where ever he is I'm sure he's still recounting Albions glory days!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Thoughts and wishes to you and your family Harold during this very sad time.

Sonic The Hedgehog

Oi Lino You're A Disgrace
Jul 7, 2003
Wetherspoons, Fareham
Harold

Sorry to hear your sad news.

Best wishes to you and your family.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here