[Albion] Pascal Groß the raumdeuter

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Have to say I thought he looked knackered last night. It’s going to happen when you are first on the team sheet and now an international. Gives his all every game. Wonderful player.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Pascal has dropped off a little hasn't he.

Not just today, he looks to me like a player who needs a weekend off. I'm not sure the internationals are helping at this stage in his career. Neither is the fact that we have no realistic options to rest the guy.

We need to get him ticking again

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Obviously love the guy, living legend and all that

His corners today were absolutely rubbish. Even for us.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Got to admit, I keep thinking he should be further up the pitch. He should be doing what Lallana or Moder do for us, where he can really hurt an opponent.

When Pascal is playing well, he's a top PL midfielder. When he's off it, his lack of pace on the cover affects the overall balance of the side.

Of course, this is now for next season, as we're out of midfielders for this one.

Oh and Enciso on corners now. Time to move on with this

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
As usual, he's playing out of position, because he can and anyone else would be a lot shitter at it. He's been the get out of jail free card for years now.

I thought Moder should have swapped places with him. . .PG further up and Moder, being bigger/tougher? In the thick of it . . .

haing said that, Gross had a real tussle with Oedegard . . . . and did ok. . . . . Not sure PG would have got much joy from Rice Breathing down his neck. Further up the pitch.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nothing new I just can't help myself, when I see it, I have to share.

1713863838709.png

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I reckon he's off (or he wants to go) – and the gaffer knows it.

"De Zerbi said Pascal Gross, who won two club awards this week, has become "a great, great player and a top player for us" and that "he can play in every big team because he is smart, he is a very good player and his passion and attitude is incredible".

He added: "I hope he can stay with us. I work to help the players to become better. If Pascal has an offer then we can understand. I want him to stay with us, but his level now is higher than two or three season ago."

:down:

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
From today's Groß piece on the official site:
Pascal has another year on his contract and is planning for a coaching career to come, with the help of Albion Head Coach Roberto De Zerbi.

“I passed my UEFA B Licence,” he said. “At the moment I’m learning every day from my coach and we’re lucky to have him. He has been massive. I wanted to be a coach all my life because I love football so much I want to stay involved. Meeting him helped me playing, coaching, everything.”

Forget all previous Albion players who could possibly manage one day. I'm already picturing the "Der Kaiser" banner on his return.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
From today's Groß piece on the official site:
Pascal has another year on his contract and is planning for a coaching career to come, with the help of Albion Head Coach Roberto De Zerbi.

“I passed my UEFA B Licence,” he said. “At the moment I’m learning every day from my coach and we’re lucky to have him. He has been massive. I wanted to be a coach all my life because I love football so much I want to stay involved. Meeting him helped me playing, coaching, everything.”

Forget all previous Albion players who could possibly manage one day. I'm already picturing the "Der Kaiser" banner on his return.
On his return!? We should be looking to transition him into the coaching staff as he gets older and create a pathway for people like him to move into management with us.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

"De Zerbi said Pascal Gross, who won two club awards this week, has become "a great, great player and a top player for us" and that "he can play in every big team because he is smart, he is a very good player and his passion and attitude is incredible".

He added: "I hope he can stay with us. I work to help the players to become better. If Pascal has an offer then we can understand. I want him to stay with us, but his level now is higher than two or three season ago."

Roberto's always trying to sell off our players 🤷🏼‍♂️

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Same time of the season as he was talking up Caicedo & Mac leaving, slightly odd even if Pascal quality is no secret.

Still convinced he’s going back to Germany as much as I was last summer

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
And this in the i this morning isn’t helpful.
Yeah, doesn't help.
I guess RDZ's comment might depend on whether it was in answer to a pointed question.
But... sometimes it looks like he's taken Tony's business model to the extreme. "Look, Tony, I've even improved Pascal a ton and I'm suggesting that bigger teams make an offer... okay?!"
It's all a bit weird... oh well.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Well, he was persuaded at the last minute to stay when he singed the last extension. If he is to leave this summer for a fee it makes sense for the manager to talk him (and it) up.

Nothing to see here. And Pascal will certainly leave at the end of his contact if he doesn't leave in the summer,I would have thought, before his kids start Turning English.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports