Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pascal Groß the raumdeuter

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Fantastic interview with Pascal in The Athletic yesterday. "My game in my words", an interview with Liam Tharme, one of the Athletic's tactical writers.
Lots of tactical diagrams and videos to demonstrate the key points. Its not really about Brighton, more about Pascal's brilliant tactical mind.
I assume for copywrite reasons, I can't copy and paste a link to here, but well worth seaching for the article, if you have access to the Athletic.
Apparently over 4000 playes have played in the Prem since it started and only 59 have set up more goals than our Pascal!
Agreed. I meant to come on here and say the same. Brilliant piece.

I really like Liam Tharme too and not just because he's an Albion fan! His articles and contributions to podcasts are superb.

huzzah

Sep 8, 2023
Agreed. I meant to come on here and say the same. Brilliant piece.

I really like Liam Tharme too and not just because he's an Albion fan! His articles and contributions to podcasts are superb.
and not behind a paywall (at least for me, and I dont have a subscription)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Was it just me or did he not have quite an off day today?

Scheiße passiert.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He is allowed the odd one after the effort he puts in is he not?
Yes. Yes he is.

And there's the rub. I think we have decent players. We have some superstars missing. And the knock on effect could be (hypothesis) that the effectiveness drops across the piece. You can't spray passes if the receivers are not quite where they should be.

It is what it is :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Was it just me or did he not have quite an off day today?

Scheiße passiert.
Interesting buddy - I thought he kept things ticking in tough circumstances and his cameo in the corner at the end was lovely…

We clearly missed Gilmour / Caicedo / Mac big time today. Although Baleba and Moder played well, we clearly lacked that ball winner and there was too much space.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Interesting buddy - I thought he kept things ticking in tough circumstances and his cameo in the corner at the end was lovely…

We clearly missed Gilmour / Caicedo / Mac big time today. Although Baleba and Moder played well, we clearly lacked that ball winner and there was too much space.
My perception of reality is not always aligned with the actualité. ??? :wink:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I think he could do with a rest, he’s been tremendous for so long but today looked a bit like he could have done with the day off.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

That’s what I thought…….kind of controlled things without any flair, but without any major errors either. Took a lot of simple options which was probably the right decision. How he managed yet another full 90 is incredible, he’s a machine.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
Agreed, he was a bit off it today but what a season overall. Clearly PotS
Under absolutely no circumstances do I want Groß to be PotS as it will mean he will be sold in the summer. Last winners were Caicedo, Cucurella, Bissouma. Dunk is the last one to win it who hasn’t left!

we need tactical voting for the PotS this year and the obvious choice is Fati

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Under absolutely no circumstances do I want Groß to be PotS as it will mean he will be sold in the summer. Last winners were Caicedo, Cucurella, Bissouma. Dunk is the last one to win it who hasn’t left!

we need tactical voting for the PotS this year and the obvious choice is Fati
Ah, but he's immune to that sort of nonsense: Pascal has been PotS for us before and, delightfully, he's still with us :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here