Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pascal Groß just getting the train home

mile oak

May 21, 2023
The club offered security to travel with him on the train and he said no as didn’t want to waste anyone’s time. What a legend.
Im glad the club think of this. I was thinking with all the money players at this level earn why not a Taxi regardless of the distance. Without doubt a legend of a great player. Never has a bad game at worst he is average.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Best of luck to them, they deserve it, hope RDZ allows them one night out on the lash (well a couple of glasses of wine!) at the start of the week to celebrate the amazing first half of the season...
I hope they stay at the Jeremiah Beach hotel, just next to the Burj al Arab.... fantastic place, has it's own water park, fancy upmarket bungalows.... everything a wealthy footy player could want..... even Thatchers Gold on tap at £14 a pint..... I can't afford a second visit.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
I'm not just saying this a knee-jerk reaction to him getting a train home, but I genuinely believe he is the greatest player in our club's history.

Consistency, versatility, assists and goals, at the highest level we've ever been at. For over six years. Incredible.

And, the Gross turn.

I love him.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I'm not just saying this a knee-jerk reaction to him getting a train home, but I genuinely believe he is the greatest player in our club's history.

Consistency, versatility, assists and goals, at the highest level we've ever been at. For over six years. Incredible.

And, the Gross turn.

I love him.
For 3 million! Recruitment team doing something right...

GrossTurn

Jun 20, 2020

And, the Gross turn.

I love him.
Think it also helps that he feels very much “ours” - signed for a very modest fee from a traditionally second tier German club, with not much known about him on these shores.

It would break my heart a little bit to ever see him turn out for another English club!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The club offered security to travel with him on the train and he said no as didn’t want to waste anyone’s time. What a legend.
Never ceases to amaze me where people get this type of info.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I hope they stay at the Jeremiah Beach hotel, just next to the Burj al Arab.... fantastic place, has it's own water park, fancy upmarket bungalows.... everything a wealthy footy player could want..... even Thatchers Gold on tap at £14 a pint..... I can't afford a second visit.
The players probably will be hoping they stay at the new Atlantis or the Burj itself! Not some second division hotel ;)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

And, the Gross turn.

I love him.
100% this. I know all the old boys get misty eyed at Lawrenson, Horton and Ward but he's better than all of them IMO. It's weird to think that in 30 years or so when my son's an old fart he'll probably be exactly the same over Gross and Dunk, even if we're winning World Super Leagues or whatever by then.

Best value player in Premier League history? I think so.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

And, the Gross turn.

I love him.
He has an unwavering desire to win too, which is evident from the way he often marches straight off the pitch with a face like thunder at the end of a game we haven't won, but probably should have.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
100% this. I know all the old boys get misty eyed at Lawrenson, Horton and Ward but he's better than all of them IMO. It's weird to think that in 30 years or so when my son's an old fart he'll probably be exactly the same over Gross and Dunk, even if we're winning World Super Leagues or whatever by then.

Best value player in Premier League history? I think so.
Speaking as one of those 'old boys' all I can say is ........ yes, totally agree. Of the three you mentioned only Lawrenson comes close. (Although the memories of their exploits did help keep me sane during our Dark Ages).

Pascal Gross is not just the best value signing: he is the best signing in the history of Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club. I'll go further and say he's the best signing made by any club at any level anywhere in the world. And if by some weird evolutionary quirk somewhere in the vast reaches of the cosmos there is another planet in another galaxy where they also play association football - he's the best signing any club there has ever made as well.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
THIS ^

And of all the ex and current players who have been talked of as future managers of the Albion, I know where my money would go :wink:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Speaking as one of those 'old boys' all I can say is ........ yes, totally agree. Of the three you mentioned only Lawrenson comes close. (Although the memories of their exploits did help keep me sane during our Dark Ages).

Pascal Gross is not just the best value signing: he is the best signing in the history of Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club. I'll go further and say he's the best signing made by any club at any level anywhere in the world. And if by some weird evolutionary quirk somewhere in the vast reaches of the cosmos there is another planet in another galaxy where they also play association football - he's the best signing any club there has ever made as well.
Amen.

Jennifer Lopez Applause GIF by NBC World Of Dance

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Is that neat the Jumeirah Beach Hotel ? :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here